Spark Spectrum freezes changes frequency

Ronald Meier

Mar 22, 2023, 7:38:30 AM3/22/23
to SparkSDR
After some HL2 - Spark connection problems I can connect HL2 to Spark again. But now when changing frequency the spectrum freezes but only every 1,2 and 3kHz up and down. So working fine at 7.174 up stops at 7.176, 7.177 and 7.178. Working again at 7.179. Same going down. When changing from 7.176 to 7.166 or 7.188 it is working.

Any solution?

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 22, 2023, 12:17:19 PM3/22/23
to SparkSDR
Hi,
that sounds very odd, I've never seen anything like that,  what sample rate and how many receivers do you have open? What version of spark is it and how are you changing frequency?
73 Alan M0NNB

Ronald Meier

Mar 22, 2023, 3:25:36 PM3/22/23
to SparkSDR
Hallo Alan,

Spark version 2.0.938.0. Formware 72, patch 2, board id 5. Active receivers 1. Sample rate 48. If I set sample rate to 96 it immed frezees. When I restart with 96 to actual spectrum not not even show up. Yesterday after some month of inactivity I wanted to do some antenne test + WSPR with HL2. In the beginning I could not connect at all. This is now solved. If I connect to different pc (with lower specs) it does not happen at all.

I am changing ferquency with mouse wheel.

Hope this helps.

73 Ronald PH7R

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 22, 2023, 4:02:24 PM3/22/23
to SparkSDR
Hi, this all sounds very strange, it might be worth checking network cables, hubs etc. What did you do to get it to work ? Sorry if I missed some of this, my other hobby is a wind powered maritime mobile platform and I've just had to find a new mooring for it at short notice which is consuming my spare time at the moment.
73 Alana M0NNB

Ronald Meier

Mar 22, 2023, 4:23:17 PM3/22/23
to SparkSDR
Alan,

Checked network cable but no difference. Not sure what helped to solve the network conenction. But deleted Spark incl user files in m0nnb. Also connected to mesh wfi hub (Deco M9). With connecting to the mesh wifi hub I could again acces to HL2 via Spark. After that disconnected HL2 from mesh wifi hub and connected the HL2 directly to pc. The frequency dialing only appears 1kHz not changing 10kHz or 100kHz. So chaning from 14,509,600 to 14,519,600 it does not happen and all is working fine.

Off topic: also here today some other hobby. Installed 10 solar panels on the roof. :-)

73, Ronald PH7R