what Sparksdr & hermeslite has made redundant....

Ken

May 7, 2024, 4:13:19 AMMay 7
to SparkSDR

Today I decided my new sstv setup using the hermeslite, sparksdr and a small (150mm square) pc is working well enough for me to feel comfortable about pulling out all the gear that it has replaced.

After a somewhat cathartic couple of hours carefully teasing out cables & equipment, I got a bit of a shock when I piled it all in one place.

Attached is a photo of most of it- all replaced by one tiny hermeslite and the equally tiny hp pc!

And a very welcome reduction in the 24/7 power consumption in my radio room. The 12 volt power alone is down from over 700 watts continuous to a mere 13.1 watts

Many thanks to all involved in developing the hardware and software for us to be able to do this, and all the help from the list to enable me to complete it.

--
Cheers, Ken
bat...@gmail.com

ahop...@googlemail.com

May 7, 2024, 4:27:30 AMMay 7
to SparkSDR
Hi Ken,
thanks for the picture, it made me smile.
73 Alan M0NNB

Pierre Martel

May 7, 2024, 11:32:02 AMMay 7
to Ken, SparkSDR
How about a photo of the final setup itself?

Nice to know what it replaces, but showing up what it looks like to compare would make a big impact I think.

Pierre
VE2PF

Sid Boyce

May 7, 2024, 3:35:48 PMMay 7
to Ken, SparkSDR
Bravo!
I keep looking at my TS-450S and IC-7200  and wondering, but they are doing an effective job of keeping the dust off the shelves.
73 ... Sid.