Raspberry Pi Bookworm 64 bit and SparkSDR + WSJTX

Mike W

Oct 13, 2023, 6:43:49 PM10/13/23
to SparkSDR
Just a heads-up on the new RPi OS
I have just installed the latest Raspberry Pi OS, BookWorm ARM64 followed by SparkSDR.2.0.33.linux-arm64.deb  and wsjtx_2.6.1_arm64.deb. on a RPi4 2gb machine.

The installation was done from the command line with dpkg for the packages and apt instal -i  to get the required dependancies. The DEB install GUI did'nt appear to want to work.
Everything went smoothly and all appears to be working well.
73 Mike

Mike W

Oct 13, 2023, 7:07:33 PM10/13/23
to SparkSDR
I spoke too soon.
SparkSDR Favorites window occasionally refuses to open
SparkSDR wspr mode seems to find wsjtx installed and decodes well, but any of the FT modes gives an error "WSJTX NOT FOUND" message just below the speaker symbol but FT8 decodes ok.

other niggle, Raspberry Pi Bookworm has changed the VNC software to WAYVNC with no documentation about setting it up that I have found yet. but SSH into the box seems to work ok. but this is an RPi OS issue not SparkSDR
73 Mike

ahop...@googlemail.com

Oct 16, 2023, 4:14:43 AM10/16/23
to SparkSDR
Hi Mike,
I shall do a clean install and see what happens here.  What paths are set for the WSJTX programs in the general settings?
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Oct 18, 2023, 4:52:55 AM10/18/23
to SparkSDR
Hi Mike,
just had a play.  The gui install does seem broken and I have mentioned it on a rpi forum.  I used sudo apt-get install ./progname.deb to install both wsjtx and spark, I believe this is a modern extension of apt-get that also gets the dependencies.

I don't see the wsjtx issue, maybe because I installed it first, spark tries two locations for the files on the first go, after that it uses the location stored and displayed in settings which will be the last placed tried if not found.

I've not managed to make favourites fail but I know there was something odd on 2.0.33 and before that made them disappear when the theme was changed, this was fixed in later versions so hopefully will also have also fixed your issue.

I found something else odd, on a 7" screen the app starts bigger than the screen and you can't get to the window size controls, a work around is to press ctrl-alt-left arrow and then resize it.

Thanks for the heads up.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Oct 19, 2023, 3:00:31 PM10/19/23
to SparkSDR
Hi Mike,
Just had a response from Simon at RPi and he reckons he has found the installer bug and it will be fixed in apt updates sometime next week so you can claim to have aided rpi dev :)
73 Alan M0NNB

10 AMC

Jun 28, 2024, 8:54:17 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to SparkSDR
Hello All,
Say can, someone send me or port me to the direction to load or install Spark SDR on the new Raspberry PI with Book Worm
I have been all over the internet trying to find the procedure with no luck so far.
Peace Allen