Version 2.0.895

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 18, 2024, 9:28:45 AMMar 18
to SparkSDR
Hi All,
there are test versions here

These support the SDRPlay RSP1B.
They have been built with a new build setup that should save me some time in the future.
The 64 bit version also has some performance tweaks for computers supporting the axv512 instruction set.

73 Alan M0NNB

PE3ES / F4VTQ

Mar 19, 2024, 4:23:15 AMMar 19
to SparkSDR
Great! Will be testing the RSP1A and RSP1B in parallel now. Thanks Alan
Erwin
PE3ES / F4VTQ

PE3ES / F4VTQ

Mar 19, 2024, 5:03:23 AMMar 19
to SparkSDR
SparkSDR.PNG
It started with an error but the RSP1A was found and worked. The second round same error and then Avast kicked out the .exe Restored it from the quarantine and added the RSP1B.
The waterfall for the RSP1A is a lot faster, even on the setting -3 than the one for the RSP1B
SparkSDR-waterfallspeed.PNG

Steven Sostrom

Mar 19, 2024, 9:17:28 PMMar 19
to SparkSDR
Will there be a linux-arm64 version?
Version 2.0.975 does not work with the latest SDRplay driver (3.14)

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 20, 2024, 7:32:23 AMMar 20
to SparkSDR
Hi Erwin,
thanks for testing this, is there anything in the log files or the windows event log relating to the crash?
I'm at a loss as to why the waterfall speed is different, need to put my thinking cap on.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 20, 2024, 7:34:40 AMMar 20
to SparkSDR
Hi,
there will be a linux version once I have made the new build system work on linux.  When you say it does not work with the 3.14 driver do you mean just the  RSP1B or any SDRPlay radio?
73 Alan M0NNB

Steven Sostrom

Mar 20, 2024, 9:37:55 PMMar 20
to SparkSDR
Probably any SDRplay device. Mine is the RSP1A. I have API 3.14
I downgraded SparkSDR to 2.0.33 to get it to work.

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 21, 2024, 2:52:42 AMMar 21
to SparkSDR
Hi Steven,
thanks, can you tell me what happens when it does not work. I'd be interested to see any error logs. Does 2.0.33 work with 3.14.
73 Alan M0NNB

Steven Sostrom

Mar 21, 2024, 11:10:48 PMMar 21
to SparkSDR
2.0.33 does work with 3.14
Only the SDRplay device is found.

When I start Version 2.0.975, there are no devices found or displayed at the top of the window.
When I enable the SoapySDR and RTL drivers and restart SparkSDR, only the RTL and HackRF devices are found.
This is true on Raspberry Pi OS bookworm and DietPi bookworm.

The terminal output is mostly alsa sound errors. When I enable the SoapySDR and RTL drivers, the terminal output also shows "Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner"

I have attached the terminal output without the SoapySDR and RTL drivers enabled, with "Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner" added manually as a comment at the end.
SparkSDR_2.0.975_API_3.14_startup.txt

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 22, 2024, 2:11:00 AMMar 22
to SparkSDR
Hi Steven,
thanks, if you can find the time I'd be interested to see any log files, the location is mentioned in the help file.
73 Alan M0NNB

Steven Sostrom

Mar 22, 2024, 11:36:51 PMMar 22
to SparkSDR
The help file does not work on DietPI OS, apparently because SparkSDR assumes that I am using the "pi" user.
This is what happens when I click on help.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (2): An error occurred trying to start process 'xdg-open' with working directory '/usr/share/SparkSDR'. No such file or directory
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.ForkAndExecProcess(ProcessStartInfo, String, String[], String[], String, Boolean, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32[], Int32& , Int32& , Int32& , Boolean, Boolean )
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartCore(ProcessStartInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo)
   at SparkSDR.Utils.OpenBrowser.Open(String) in /home/pi/Documents/projects/sparksdr/src/SparkSDR/shared/Utils/OpenBrowser.cs:line 28
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.MarkupExtensions.CompiledBindings.CommandAccessorPlugin.CommandAccessor.Command.Execute(Object)
   at Avalonia.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at Avalonia.Reactive.LightweightObservableBase`1.PublishNext(T)
   at Avalonia.Interactivity.EventRoute.RaiseEventImpl(RoutedEventArgs)
   at Avalonia.Interactivity.EventRoute.RaiseEvent(Interactive, RoutedEventArgs)
   at Avalonia.Interactivity.Interactive.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs)
   at Avalonia.Input.MouseDevice.MouseUp(IMouseDevice, UInt64, IInputRoot, Point, PointerPointProperties, KeyModifiers, IInputElement )
   at Avalonia.Input.MouseDevice.ProcessRawEvent(RawPointerEventArgs)
   at Avalonia.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(RawInputEventArgs)
   at Avalonia.Controls.TopLevel.HandleInput(RawInputEventArgs)
   at Avalonia.X11.X11Window.DispatchInput(RawInputEventArgs)
   at Avalonia.RawEventGrouper.Dispatch(RawInputEventArgs)
   at Avalonia.X11.X11PlatformThreading.RunLoop(CancellationToken)
   at Avalonia.Threading.DispatcherFrame.Run(IControlledDispatcherImpl)
   at Avalonia.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame)
   at Avalonia.Threading.Dispatcher.MainLoop(CancellationToken)
   at Avalonia.Controls.ApplicationLifetimes.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.Start(String[])
   at SparkSDR.Program.Main(String[]) in /home/pi/Documents/projects/sparksdr/src/SparkSDR/Program.cs:line 102
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted

I booted on a Raspberry Pi OS disk and the help file opened. On this system, the log file was empty.
Is there another debug method that will report the problem?

On the DietPi system, it only generated error logs when it faulted on the help file. On a normal program termination, corelog-2024-03-22-23-30-05.txt is empty.
I have attached both files.
log-2024-03-22-23-30-13.txt and the like are only generated on the help file fault.
log-2024-03-22-23-30-13.txt

PE3ES / F4VTQ

Mar 24, 2024, 6:26:24 AMMar 24
to SparkSDR
Something else that is happeing (and visible because the debug window for this version is open)
URI not recognized. Not sure why it happens or how interesting that is. Most of the time the program continues even after this message.
SparkSDR-not finding SDRplay.PNG

PE3ES / F4VTQ

Mar 24, 2024, 6:40:28 AMMar 24
to SparkSDR
This is confusing ...

The title is 2.0.895 which appears to be a lot earlier than the ones in some messages from 2022 (913-975), but in fact you are talking about 2.0.985
I am unconfused again.

Erwin

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 24, 2024, 2:51:26 PMMar 24
to SparkSDR
yep this is just a typo in the title, it should read 2.0.985