Beginner here. Dummy tutorials ?

António Ramos

Feb 21, 2017, 6:46:26 AM2/21/17
to sparkjava
Hello i have been away from java for many years.
Now i need to do something that forces me to use java because a miraculous jar file.
So i need java and more specifically SPARK
however spark also is the name for the apache spark and when i google i always get wrong directions.
anyway java seems mor productive now , scala is also interesting and spark is a lot like sinatra and express that i know very well.

However i very rusty in java and following the tutorial i get the idea of maven and spark but just cant figure out how to run the jetty webserver and try my class.
Is there any details that you can share to compile my app or class files to try them via browser ?

any " for dummy " tutorials are very appreciated ...

thank you

António Ramos

Feb 21, 2017, 6:47:41 AM2/21/17
to sparkjava
By the way i use eclipse IDE and windows 7

Thank you

Wilson MacGyver

Feb 21, 2017, 7:09:08 PM2/21/17
to sparkjava

Wilson MacGyver

Feb 21, 2017, 7:43:25 PM2/21/17
to António Ramos, sparkjava
in the IDE, right click on Main.java, there will be an option to run the main class.

when you run Main.java, it starts out jetty automatically

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 7:12 PM, António Ramos <ramst...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes i saw it but in the end it says
Now everything is ready for you to run your main Class. Enjoy!
but how do i run it? and get jetty running ?