Spark Tutorials (requests? contributions?)

David (Spark Team)

Jul 14, 2015, 10:27:01 AM7/14/15
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Together with Federico I have been working on a Spark Tutorial Collection, which can be found at https://sparktutorials.github.io/

We have covered these topics so far:
  • Spark and Freemarker: Exposing HTML and JSON from the same service
  • Spark and Databases: Configuring Spark to work with Sql2o in a testable way
  • Getting started with Spark and Docker
  • Spark for REST APIs: Using Spark, Lombok and Jackson to reduce Java boilerplate
Planned topics:
  • Testing your Spark Application: Tips and tricks
  • Spark in the Cloud: AWS and Docker

If you have any topics you would like to see covered, please reply to this post with your suggestions.

If you have a tutorial you would like to publish, you can
-david

Madu

Jul 20, 2015, 10:59:08 AM7/20/15
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Great! Keep up!

Per Wendel

Sep 10, 2015, 1:10:29 PM9/10/15
to sparkjava
Good stuff!

Stephan Beuze

Sep 10, 2015, 2:57:42 PM9/10/15
to sparkjava
Here is a set of topics I found interesting:

   * Integration of Spark with Spring Security
   * Create custom 404, 500 ... errors route

Salai Sivamal

Sep 12, 2015, 11:54:49 AM9/12/15
to sparkjava
I love Sparkjava!

Edgar Herrero

Sep 24, 2015, 2:40:31 PM9/24/15
to sparkjava
   * Integration of Spark with Spring Security
   * Create custom 404, 500 ... errors route

This, and maybe I would like to see realtime notification tutorials or private chat system.

daniels

Sep 26, 2015, 3:50:00 PM9/26/15
to sparkjava
Request: How to structure Spark in a larger app, how to separate code in different controllers instead of having everything in a single file.

Mauro Cicolella

Sep 30, 2015, 11:10:44 AM9/30/15
to sparkjava
Hi all
what about having tutorials in different languages?
English is considered as an universal way of communicating but it should be great to have many versions of the documentation as the most popular software. Just an idea.

In the meantime I deployed a simple application (HelloWorld) on codenvy.com and solved some problems with this platform (it doesn't support jdk8 by default and needs some changes to pom.xml and docker configuration).

Mauro

David (Spark Team)

Sep 30, 2015, 3:24:24 PM9/30/15
to sparkjava
That would be great, but we don't have the resources to do this ourselves at the moment.
If you want to translate a tutorial, I can look into localization support for the tutorial page?

mauro cicolella

Sep 30, 2015, 3:40:15 PM9/30/15
to David (Spark Team), sparkjava

Yes I could work on Italian translations. For our open source project we use transifex.com to manage all stuff and find collaborators.  Take a look.
Thanks
Mauro

Jorge Noguera

Dec 28, 2015, 4:12:18 PM12/28/15
to sparkjava
This is great! I think this would be helpful:

- Protect our Rest APIs with a OAuth2 server (something like client to server and server to server authentication/authorization) like [Spark OAuth2 <--> Spark API].
- Routing/Organization of services in terms of performance and optimization (the better way to do it).

Thank you!
Message has been deleted

Forrest Gump

Feb 23, 2016, 11:36:20 AM2/23/16
to sparkjava
Spark with Swagger?

diego.b...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 11:37:04 AM5/6/16
to sparkjava
Request

Tutorial to use https.

I'm trying to use secure method with a keystore containing a selfsigned certificate but i'm not able to make it work.

Kevin Sheppard

May 14, 2016, 2:08:31 PM5/14/16
to sparkjava
Yess!

querylous

May 23, 2016, 8:39:57 AM5/23/16
to sparkjava
Here is someone else's tutorial I found very useful... (single page web apps with spark, mongo and angular)

Mussa Khan

Jul 10, 2016, 8:44:50 AM7/10/16
to sparkjava
Yes, a spark tutorial with https would be great!

David (Spark Team)

Jul 29, 2016, 4:51:27 PM7/29/16
to sparkjava

Raoni Gabriel

Aug 19, 2016, 4:46:40 PM8/19/16
to sparkjava
Hey guys, I got in touch with spark framework a few days ago. Just passing by to say I´m loving it.
I´m a REST api developer and I´ve mainly used Spring / SpringBoot so far.
Although SpringBoot is indeed a good solution (JEE speaking), Spark manages to get even simpler, smaller, and faster.
Keep it simple and avoid bloat.

It is a QrCode generator microservice, using Spark, and the final JAR is about 2.6 MB. I´ll try to squeeze it even more later on.

David (Spark Team)

Aug 21, 2016, 5:58:04 AM8/21/16
to sparkjava
Nice work Raoni! Would you be interested in writing it as a tutorial for https://sparktutorials.github.io/ ?

Raoni Gabriel

Aug 22, 2016, 9:14:57 AM8/22/16
to sparkjava
Sure, I'll add comments and make it a real tutorial and then I'll make a pull request.

domin...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2017, 8:19:25 AM1/9/17
to sparkjava
Federico has a tutorial on testing (2 parts) The first part provides some details on how obtain separation of concerns. That is, SparkJava Http and your Business Logic.

Emmanuel Guedia

Feb 22, 2017, 6:47:59 AM2/22/17
to sparkjava
I'm looking for the same tutorial. It will be great for you guys to add it. But i welcome any link to an existing one if there is.
Thank You!!