could python program in spark run on hadoop-yarn?

Xicheng Dong

Dec 17, 2013, 4:13:37 AM12/17/13
to spark...@googlegroups.com
hi, all
   could spark python-program run on hadoop-yarn? I read running-on-yarn.html and python-programming-guide.html, but do not find any useful infomation.

Josh Rosen

Dec 20, 2013, 3:07:52 PM12/20/13
to spark...@googlegroups.com
It might work using the `yarn-client` mode (https://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/running-on-yarn.html#launch-spark-application-with-yarn-client-mode), but I haven't tried it yet. PySpark has a dependency on Py4J, but only in the driver JVM, so I don't know that we need to have anything in SPARK_YARN_APP_JAR since all of the dependencies should be included in SPARK_JAR anyways.

I've opened a JIRA ticket to track progress on Yarn support for PySpark, whether it ends up simply requiring better documentation or new code: https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-1004