Tweaking TargetFrameworkVersion when calling the (nant) build script

maxild

Mar 21, 2013, 10:50:28 AM3/21/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is it possible to build for different framework versions on the commandline. I normally use /property:TargetFrameworkVersion=[v4.0|v4.5] in my scripts when calling into msbuild. But I cannot see how the nant (spark.build) file does that. And I know that spark is targeting different fx-versions through nuget? Is something fishy going on only on the build-server that is not part of the source-tree in repo? Or is it just me not looking in the right place?

Regards
Morten

Robert Greyling

Mar 21, 2013, 10:56:11 AM3/21/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
There's nothing specific to the build server - since the build server is any one of my machines at any time, so it's all definitely in the source tree. We're not targeting fx-versions through nuget - we just build up packages that contain various compiled versions of the dll so that nuget can provide the required version.

There is currently an issue with the MVC4 nuget which I will hopefully be able to fix tonight and will push up a new package.

RobertTheGrey

maxild

Mar 25, 2013, 5:24:31 AM3/25/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com

Thanks.

Isn't spark distributed targeting different fx-versions (and even different clr-versions, targeting 2.0-3.5)? How do you specify the target fx-version when building on the commandline using nant?

Robert Greyling

Mar 27, 2013, 9:45:27 AM3/27/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morten,

In the root folder is a spark.build file which nant uses. In that file is a node like this which you can change:

<property name="nant.settings.currentframework" value="net-3.5" />

Cheers,
Rob