Tweaking TargetFrameworkVersion when calling the (nant) build script

47 views
Skip to first unread message

maxild

unread,
Mar 21, 2013, 10:50:28 AM3/21/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is it possible to build for different framework versions on the commandline. I normally use /property:TargetFrameworkVersion=[v4.0|v4.5] in my scripts when calling into msbuild. But I cannot see how the nant (spark.build) file does that. And I know that spark is targeting different fx-versions through nuget? Is something fishy going on only on the build-server that is not part of the source-tree in repo? Or is it just me not looking in the right place?

Regards
Morten

Robert Greyling

unread,
Mar 21, 2013, 10:56:11 AM3/21/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
There's nothing specific to the build server - since the build server is any one of my machines at any time, so it's all definitely in the source tree. We're not targeting fx-versions through nuget - we just build up packages that contain various compiled versions of the dll so that nuget can provide the required version. 

There is currently an issue with the MVC4 nuget which I will hopefully be able to fix tonight and will push up a new package.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spark View Engine Dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spark-dev+...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to spar...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/spark-dev?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

RobertTheGrey

unread,
Mar 23, 2013, 7:47:25 AM3/23/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
The issue with the MVC4 Spark nuget has been fixed


On Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:56:11 PM UTC, RobertTheGrey wrote:
There's nothing specific to the build server - since the build server is any one of my machines at any time, so it's all definitely in the source tree. We're not targeting fx-versions through nuget - we just build up packages that contain various compiled versions of the dll so that nuget can provide the required version. 

There is currently an issue with the MVC4 nuget which I will hopefully be able to fix tonight and will push up a new package.
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM, maxild <mma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to build for different framework versions on the commandline. I normally use /property:TargetFrameworkVersion=[v4.0|v4.5] in my scripts when calling into msbuild. But I cannot see how the nant (spark.build) file does that. And I know that spark is targeting different fx-versions through nuget? Is something fishy going on only on the build-server that is not part of the source-tree in repo? Or is it just me not looking in the right place?

Regards
Morten

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spark View Engine Dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spark-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

maxild

unread,
Mar 25, 2013, 5:24:31 AM3/25/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com

Thanks.

Isn't spark distributed targeting different fx-versions (and even different clr-versions, targeting 2.0-3.5)? How do you specify the target fx-version when building on the commandline using nant? 

Robert Greyling

unread,
Mar 27, 2013, 9:45:27 AM3/27/13
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morten,

In the root folder is a spark.build file which nant uses. In that file is a node like this which you can change:

<property name="nant.settings.currentframework" value="net-3.5" />

Cheers,
Rob


On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM, maxild <mma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks.

Isn't spark distributed targeting different fx-versions (and even different clr-versions, targeting 2.0-3.5)? How do you specify the target fx-version when building on the commandline using nant? 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spark View Engine Dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spark-dev+...@googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages