Cannot login to service today?

瀏覽次數:109 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Conrad

未讀,
2013年2月1日 下午2:29:462013/2/1
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
I cannot access my account today through the Spanning Sync System Preference. When I went to open the SS SP, I saw that it thought I was not logged in; when I went to re-enter my email address/password, I get:

An unknown error occurred. Please check your network settings.

Anyone else experiencing problems? Any suggestions here?

(Running SS 3.3 (445) on OS X 10.6.8

Chris Richardson

未讀,
2013年2月2日 凌晨4:54:012013/2/2
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
I have exactly the same problem
(Running SS 3.3 (445) on OS X 10.6.8)

Emili Argilaguet Olesti

未讀,
2013年2月2日 清晨5:08:472013/2/2
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem, first my account doesn't work, I have disconnet this and now it's impossible log in my account. I get, an unknown error occurred. Please check your network settings. I also have SS 3.3 (445) on OS X 10.6.8

El divendres 1 de febrer de 2013 20:29:46 UTC+1, Conrad va escriure:

SusiQ

未讀,
2013年2月2日 下午2:22:422013/2/2
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am having  the same problems as you described.  The last time this happened their servers were at fault.
I'm running SS 3.2 and have OS X 10.6.8

Eric Tipler

未讀,
2013年2月2日 下午3:41:242013/2/2
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
I've also had the same problem since yesterday: "unknown error" and can't sync.

Also running SS 3.3 (445) on OS X 10.6.8

Many thanks for your attention,

Eric

Chris Richardson

未讀,
2013年2月2日 下午5:26:112013/2/2
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com

Exactly the same problem for me

fangler

未讀,
2013年2月2日 下午5:26:492013/2/2
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here.

Michael Ehrlich

未讀,
2013年2月2日 下午6:21:332013/2/2
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem

On Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:22:42 AM UTC-8, SusiQ wrote:

Barry Woodward

未讀,
2013年2月2日 晚上8:29:432013/2/2
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
I just did this and it worked for me...

Go to https://secure.spanningsync.com/osx/3/getcals in your browser. It should say can't verify certificate or some such. Click 'view certificate', then 'trust certificate' - you can open up the window by clicking a triangle on the left and you get a bigger window with three drop downs where you can also select 'always'
Then click OK.

I was then able to go back to the preferences for Spanning Sync and sign in where I couldn't before, and I've just done a sync of contacts and diaries with no problems. However it tells ME that SS will expire in 11 days (which is relative to when I paid my last year's subscription.

This is disappointing as I kind of thought that although they have decided to can SS it would be left to carry on running for those of us for whom it is still working - which I guess is those of us still running 10.6.8.
They do say on ss.com that they have ended all new purchases AND RENEWALS but hey! it wouldn't hurt to keep it going for us would it?????

I'm at a loss as to how to proceed - I currently use Address Book and Contactizer Pro with Google calendars because I have an Android phone. I installed Lion on a partition, but a) Address Book in Lion is crap as it looks like a Filofax and the page won't expand beyond a fixed size so I can't see all my notes and comments and b) when I went to import my contacts to AB (Lion) from an AB Archive (Leopard) to get them up to the iCloud nonsense it mysteriously decided to only important some of them and truncate others, rendering it even more useless. Contactizer Pro currently works OK writing Calendar entries to iCal 'On My Mac' so that SS can sync them to Google, and SS also syncs a 'My Phone' only group of 350/5000 contacts to Google too, but Apple seem to have removed the ability of every other programme including there own to be able to write to Google Calendars - they can only subscribe and view - or Contacts.

Apple are obviously trying to force us to use everything Apple, but until they get better than Android - and also as cheap to have one - that's not a serious option!

David Madden

未讀,
2013年2月3日 凌晨12:08:092013/2/3
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Me too.  Started yesterday I believe?  Hope it won't be long!

(SS 3.3 (445) on OS X 10.6.8

Sam P

未讀,
2013年2月3日 下午2:34:372013/2/3
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Exact same issue here.  Began on 2/1/13.

Spanning Sync 3.3 on OS X 10.6.8

Let's hope for a fix ASAP.

On Friday, February 1, 2013 11:29:46 AM UTC-8, Conrad wrote:

Geoff Hulks

未讀,
2013年2月4日 凌晨1:59:282013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Morning Guys!
Well, this is some relief to me. I've had the same problem since late on Friday evening (1st).
Still can't update this morning. Are you still stuck too?
Hopefully, this means the problem is with Google and not us but, if so, I wish they'd get it fixed!

(SS 3.3, OS X 10.6.8)

Nick Piggott

未讀,
2013年2月4日 凌晨4:59:482013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me.

Does anyone have advice for what to do when the service goes dark in June? I can't find any alternative for my situation of having to bridge Outlook 2011/Exchange -> Google Calendars that runs on Mac OS X.

Nick

On Saturday, 2 February 2013 19:22:42 UTC, SusiQ wrote:

L+A Tschopp

未讀,
2013年2月4日 清晨5:06:082013/2/4
收件者:Spanning Sync
Same problem !!

Impossible to connect....
What's going on ??
No idea... but it's annoying, to be polite ... :-(

L+A Tschopp

未讀,
2013年2月4日 清晨5:06:212013/2/4
收件者:Spanning Sync
Same problem !!

Impossible to connect....
What's going on ??
No idea... but it's annoying, to be polite ... :-(

On 2 fév, 20:22, SusiQ <susanne...@verizon.net> wrote:

Barry Woodward

未讀,
2013年2月4日 清晨5:16:162013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Try going to https://secure.spanningsync.com/osx/3/getcals in your browser. it might put a message up saying the certificate is invalid. Click on View Certificate (bottom left - not just connect anyway) and click the box which says Always Trust Certificate

This cleared the problem for me

Next problem is what to do when my years lease expires in 10 days...

stephan assem

未讀,
2013年2月4日 清晨6:41:522013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
same problem. no working sync today.

in the log : *** Connection failed. Error - the server certificate has expired  https://secure.spanningsync.com/osx/2/push

seems to be the reason...

fort...@gmail.com

未讀,
2013年2月4日 清晨7:47:232013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Same on my side, impossible to connect to my google account from any computer with Spanning Sync since friday morning... A very annoying issue. Since i appears that we are several with the same problem it should be a common problem.. I am still under OS 10.6.8.

Nicolas

Ian Mashiter

未讀,
2013年2月4日 上午8:52:542013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
same problem can't connect.
Get back an "unknown error" message

evil...@gmail.com

未讀,
2013年2月4日 上午9:45:212013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Same issue. Cannot login at all. It looks like a certificate bug because if I set my computers date to 2012, it allows me to login. The sync still fails after the fact though.

Catherine

未讀,
2013年2月4日 上午10:36:562013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Same problem.

On Friday, February 1, 2013 2:29:46 PM UTC-5, Conrad wrote:

Nick Piggott

未讀,
2013年2月4日 中午12:23:462013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the server cert on secure.spanningsync.com expired on Friday 1st February, so is preventing any connections.

Let's hope they get a new cert issued, otherwise that will be a premature end to the service.

Nick

Crowley Chiropractic Clinic

未讀,
2013年2月4日 下午2:41:102013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
For over a week now!
same stats, same results

Does Google really need to own the entire world to make $$ off of it?

On Friday, February 1, 2013 2:29:46 PM UTC-5, Conrad wrote:

Conrad

未讀,
2013年2月4日 晚上9:24:182013/2/4
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
I just tried to sync and succeeded. Looks like things are back up again.

fort...@gmail.com

未讀,
2013年2月5日 清晨6:57:282013/2/5
收件者:spanni...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I confirm that too, it started again just today this morning in Europe.

Nicolas

Byron Shaheen

未讀,
2013年2月7日 下午6:24:512013/2/7
收件者:Spanning Sync
Hi everyone! We're very sorry for the recent outage with Spanning
Sync. We were actually moving the SSL certificate and it took much
longer than we anticipated. Everything has been up and running again,
so you should be all set. Again, we're very sorry for the
inconvenience this may have caused anyone.

Thanks,

Byron

---
Byron Shaheen