annoying syncing during entering data

radek

Aug 2, 2012, 12:25:34 PM8/2/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
My spanning sync account is set up to sync once an hour. Yet, whenever I start adding data into iCal, it starts syncing. The syncing process runs in parallel to my entering data, the stupid consequence of which is that what gets synced to Google is an incomplete entry (generally with no time or place set). Shortly after I finish, the syncing finishes too, and - my iCal entry gets "updated" with the incomplete entry which was (apparently) uploaded to Google while I was entering the data. In other words, I enter something into iCal and then I have to redo it again, because the entry loses information due to this unwanted sync.

How should I avoid this? Isn't this bug easy to solve?

Byron Shaheen

Aug 17, 2012, 12:23:11 AM8/17/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The behavior isn't really a bug and it is caused by Sync Services, not Spanning Sync.  What you're seeing is called a trickle sync where anytime Sync Services detects a change or addition in one of its sync clients (iCal for example) it initiates a sync.  We have a "back door" fix which will turn off trickle syncing in Spanning Sync. To do so, paste this line into a Terminal window:

defaults write com.spanningsync noTrickleSyncing -bool YES
(Be sure to press return after pasting.)

Then, logout of your Mac OS X account and back in again.

Thanks,

Byron