Multiple Google accounts for contact sync

Gregor

Apr 9, 2009, 3:14:28 PM4/9/09
to Spanning Sync
There is a neat little work-around to synchronise calendars from
multiple accounts by sharing calendars. However, is there a solution
in the works in order to synchronise contacts with different gmail
accounts?

I have a personal gmail account and a Google Apps account. I want
contacts from both to synchronise with my computer, ideally with
different Mac address book groups. My only solution at the moment is
to use an alternative synching service (soocial.com) to synchronise my
personal account, and hope there is no conflict.

byron.shaheen

Apr 9, 2009, 3:24:17 PM4/9/09
to Spanning Sync
Hi,

Google doesn't currently offer any kind of contact sharing feature.
So at this point there's no way to do this.

Thanks,

Byron

Charlie Wood

Apr 9, 2009, 3:24:29 PM4/9/09
to Spanning Sync
We've looked at a couple of different ways to do this and haven't come
up with a very good one. The Google Contacts infrastructure is in
pretty heavy development, and given the popularity of this feature
request I'd be surprised if it didn't come out from Google at some
point.

That being said, it's a feature we'd personally love to have so we're
continuing to look for an elegant solution.

Thanks,
Charlie

Pablo Mojica

Sep 11, 2012, 9:09:00 AM9/11/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
Adding another vote to this. It is now 2012 and I have not seen a way to do this and it is heavily requested by the professional community.

byron.shaheen

Sep 11, 2012, 9:11:44 PM9/11/12
to Spanning Sync
Hi Pablo,

Unfortunately we're no longer selling Spanning Sync. The product is
EOL and there won't be any further developement done. You can read
about that here:

http://blog.spanningsync.com/2012/07/end-of-the-line-for-spanning-sync.html

Thanks,

Byron