Duplication of recurring all-day calendar entries

JerryM

Jun 16, 2012, 5:21:56 AM6/16/12
to spanni...@googlegroups.com
I've searched the blog and can't find a definitive explanation/solution for this problem. I bought spanning sync3 to be able to sync between Outlook11 calendar on my iMac and google calendar. I'm running OS X 10.7.4, and Outlook 11 updated to 14.2.2.
The calendar sync works really well between Google,  iCal and  Outlook via Spanning Sync and Sync services EXCEPT for recurring all day entries which are multiplying like rabbits and slowing everything down. There are dozens of duplicates for each item now. Deleting is tedious in the extreme, and will force me to abandon Spanning Sync if I can't solve it. Can anyone refer me to a definite fix for this? Many thanks in advance.

byron.shaheen

Jun 19, 2012, 12:20:25 PM6/19/12
to Spanning Sync
Hi,

Duplicates usually occur due to time zone mismatch issues where two or
more of your calendar sources have different time zone settings. For
example, the calendar on an iPhone can have time zone support turned
on while iCal on the computer has time zone support turned off. If you
create an event in a different time zone and then do a "refresh" sync,
you could end up with duplicates or time shifts. It's also a good idea
to check each of your Google calendars to make sure their time zones
are set the same as your iCal calendars, and the same for any other
device or server that you sync with.

If the problem persists, please verify that all of these time zone
settings are the same:
* Your Mac (System Preferences > Date & Time > Time Zone)
* Each iCal Calendar (If iCal > Preferences > Advanced > Time zone
support is turned on, then in the calendar view check the setting
above the search box in the upper-right corner of the window)
* Your Google Calendar settings (Google Calendar > Settings > Your
current time zone)
* Each Google calendar (Google Calendar > Settings > Calendars >
(calendar name) > Calendar Time Zone)
* Each device that you sync with (phones/iPods)
* Any other calendaring application that you're syncing with iCal/
Google

Please let us know if that doesn't address the problem or you have
other questions.

Thanks,

Byron

---