Can spam be stopped the way we can stop viruses reaching into the computer?

SpamFreeWorld

Dec 16, 2006, 11:56:14 PM12/16/06
to Spam Free World - A mission from INDIA
>From my point of view it would be unjust to expect that spam can be
stopped from the time you switch on any particular software in your
network or pc. No matter which software you use ( i have tested more
than 40 well known products) spam reaches to mail server and than to
junk folder. I think antispam is a stretegy to stop spam which admin
and users together have to implement into the organisaiton and move
towards elimination of spam in few weeks. Almost 100% spam is unknown
and is difficult or i may say, almost impossible for a software to stop
spam from day one, but certainly possible to ret rid of spam with a
well planned antispam stretegy and learning of the email traffic, which
i could see is possible through spamjadoo antispam software.

In case of viruses, more than 99% viruses are known. Elimination of
viruses is possible with anti virus software becuase 99% of viruses are
known.