Spamcop not responding

John

Jul 5, 2008, 2:09:26 AM7/5/08
Hi -

Is there a problem with Spamcop recently? I have not been receiving any

Thanks

Martin Edwards

Jul 5, 2008, 2:32:21 AM7/5/08

No problem here with the Web reporting page.

Farelf

Jul 5, 2008, 3:19:05 AM7/5/08

And emailed submissions are working for me. The stats charts show
nothing out of the ordinary.

Mike Easter

Jul 5, 2008, 11:53:11 AM7/5/08
John wrote:

> Is there a problem with Spamcop recently? I have not been receiving any

Troubleshooting strategy:

Go to the webparser submission page to login and see if there is an alert
about a problem with your account.

Email a copy of your submission to another different account than the
spamcop submission.

Potential problems:

- if spamcop experienced a bounce (for some temporary reason) when it
emailed your report, then it deactivates your account until the problem is
resolved, so you don't get any reports emailed from spamcop. The attempt
to login above will show a problem with your account's address

- if your provider has started to silently drop spam 'propagated' from
its clients, then it could silently drop your submissions to spamcop
because they contain spam qualities. The attempt to send a copy of the
spamcop submission to an alternate mail account via your provider will
also fail.

--
Mike Easter
kibitzer, not SC admin

John

Jul 10, 2008, 9:30:50 PM7/10/08
Mike Easter wrote:
> Potential problems:
>
> - if spamcop experienced a bounce (for some temporary reason) when it
> emailed your report, then it deactivates your account until the problem is
> resolved, so you don't get any reports emailed from spamcop. The attempt
> to login above will show a problem with your account's address
>

> --
> Mike Easter
> kibitzer, not SC admin

Thank you, Mike - that is just what had happened.

John