SpamCop not automatically processing my spam reports

Jazz Man

Apr 23, 2008, 6:44:29 PM4/23/08
Why has SpamCop stopped automatically processing my spam reports? I'm
getting emails with links to manually process the reports. The only
changes I've made was to add more fuel.

Mike Easter

Apr 23, 2008, 8:26:28 PM4/23/08

Spam can be submitted by email by approved reporters using the quick
submit address, which results in the spam being parsed for source, the
body ignored, and the notify of the source sent to the derived provider
address -- without any further input from the reporter. The reporter is
provided an email with the parse results and a tracker reflecting what
was done.

The standard 'nonquick' method for handling email spam submissions is
for the parser to parse the headers for source, the body for obfuscated
url/s, and for a tracker to the result of the parse to be emailed to the
reporter. When the reporter accesses the tracking url, s/he is provided
with options to approve the notifies as divined by the parser, or to
uncheck or to cancel the report/notifies as derived.

It isn't clear why you would be/ were/ changed from a quick reporter to
a standard nonquick by your message description. The website access to
communicate with SC admin starts here...

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/401.html How can I contact a
SpamCop representative? -- Other reasons for contact

--
Mike Easter
kibitzer, not SC admin

Jazz Man

Apr 23, 2008, 10:26:29 PM4/23/08
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:26:28 -0700, "Mike Easter" <Mi...@ster.invalid>
wrote:

And how to I communicate with the SC admin? I tried finding a support
link on the Spamcop web page but it's not there.

FYI: I am reporting via email attachment to the email address I was
provided when I was set up a couple of years ago as an approved
reporter.

Mike Easter

Apr 23, 2008, 10:34:39 PM4/23/08
Jazz Man wrote:
> "Mike Easter"

>> http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/401.html How can I contact a
>> SpamCop representative? -- Other reasons for contact
>
> And how to I communicate with the SC admin? I tried finding a support
> link on the Spamcop web page but it's not there.

The link I provided above makes a communication with your account/email.
See the function at the bottom called 'Reason for contact'

> FYI: I am reporting via email attachment to the email address I was
> provided when I was set up a couple of years ago as an approved
> reporter.

Yes, but the form of the submit address is different for quick reporters
than regular reporters.

Jazz Man

Apr 24, 2008, 8:28:27 AM4/24/08
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:34:39 -0700, "Mike Easter" <Mi...@ster.invalid>
wrote:

|Jazz Man wrote:

I'm sorry. I didn't pay attention to the link. I thought it was
something thrown in by the mail reader and didn't bother to verify
that it wasn't.

Thanks for your help!