[OT] ShuttleCloud is looking for a Sysadmin/DevOps and a Senior Developer (35.000-60.000€)

Eduardo Fernández

Feb 14, 2013, 7:04:20 PM2/14/13
to spain-scala...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm Eduardo Fernández, CEO of ShuttleCloud. We're based in NYC and we opened an engineering office in Madrid last summer. We're currently looking for a senior sysadmin and a senior developer to join our team of four in Spain.

Sysadmin/DevOps (Madrid, 35.000-60.000€)
- Must-havesLinux, Cloud Storage, Instance Management, Scripting, Profiling, Security, Amazon AWS. Nice-to-havesRabbitMQ, NoSQL, Python, Sharding, Rackspace Cloud, Google Compute Engine.
To apply, send us an email to jo...@shuttlecloud.com with the following info:
-- What command do you use to see how much unique memory a specific process is using in a linux system?
-- What do you find interesting about ShuttleCloud?

Senior Developer (Madrid, 35.000-60.000€)
- Must-haves: Data Mining & Machine Learning, Cloud Storage, Messaging Systems. Nice-to-haves: Hadoop, Cassandra, Solr, ESB.
To apply, send us an email to jo...@shuttlecloud.com with the following info:
-- What are the patterns involved in undo/redo?
-- What do you find interesting about ShuttleCloud?

About ShuttleCloud
ShuttleCloud has offices in New York and Madrid. New York hosts our marketing and business development team and Madrid is home to our engineering and product team. Our Madrid office is in the 5th floor of the Edificio Arnaiz, an state of the art new building with a great work environment and beautiful views of the city.

Our team in Madrid is small, but we are determined to become leaders in the tech community. The people that we're looking for are not just interested in being part of a cool company, they actually want to go out there and become world-class technology leaders themselves and inspire the people around them.

We believe on iteration, on being able to sketch projects quickly, and either provide immediate value or fail fast. But fast iteration can't lead to crappy products. This process should lead us to great products, and if we fail at least we'll be able to learn from our great failures. To get there, we use a methodology based on Scrum and other Agile techniques.

At many companies, engineers need to become managers in order to grow inside the company. Not at ShuttleCloud. We believe that an engineer that plays a key role with his or her technical vision, performance and expertise has the same or more importance than a manager that has chosen to focus on sales, marketing or finance.

Saludos,

Eduardo

Rubén Martínez Sánchez

Feb 28, 2013, 3:26:41 AM2/28/13
to spain-scala...@googlegroups.com
Hola Eduardo,
Te animo a que subas las ofertas a http://www.bigdataspain.org/jobs/en/ El tablón de ofertas recibe muchas visitas desde España.
Si quieres las marcamos como destacadas por un par de semanas.
Un saludo,
Rubén Martínez

Rubén Martínez Sánchez

Mar 11, 2013, 5:02:22 AM3/11/13
to spain-scala...@googlegroups.com
Ofertas destacadas desde hoy, buena suerte!

On Friday, 1 March 2013 19:32:15 UTC+1, Eduardo Fernández wrote:
Ya las he enviado. ¡Muchas gracias por destacarlas Rubén!