upcoming changes to SpaDES; new release expected soon

Alex Chubaty

Apr 4, 2017, 3:57:48 PM4/4/17
to SpaDES Users
Just a quick head's up regarding some upcoming changes to SpaDES making their way through the development branch. An updated CRAN release is scheduled near the month to correspond with the next major version of R (3.4.0) being released on April 21, 2017.

  1. SpaDES now requires R 3.3.0 or higher.  The minimum R version has been increased as required by a SpaDES package dependency (RandomFieldsUtils). If you are using SpaDES with R 3.2.x, please upgrade your R version to the latest version.
  2. SpaDES package will be split into several packages. The main SpaDES package will become a metapackage that will load the other (new) packages. This change shouldn't be too disruptive, as we will take care to ensure backwards compatibility. See issue #198 for more details.
We will post any other announcements regarding this next release in this thread.

Thanks,
Alex