any more details on the experiment wrapper?

Steve Cumming

Apr 14, 2016, 1:26:58 PM4/14/16
to SpaDES Users
The example I found in Eliot's initial announcement did not show how to associate vectors of parameter values with a module.

I'm asking for a friend.....

Alex Chubaty

Apr 14, 2016, 1:34:45 PM4/14/16
to SpaDES Users
Eliot had put together several examples: see ?experiment

Note that we discovered several bugs after CRAN submission that are in the process of being addressed.

Steve Cumming

Apr 14, 2016, 1:37:16 PM4/14/16
to SpaDES Users
Thanks....I'll download the dev version.

How does a new user join this group, btw?

sc

Alex Chubaty

Apr 14, 2016, 1:46:15 PM4/14/16
to SpaDES Users
To join: if you're a signed in Google user, simply press 'Apply to Join Group' button.

Alex Chubaty

Apr 20, 2016, 5:18:29 PM4/20/16
to SpaDES Users
The latest dev version (v.1.1.4) has been moved to master, and accepted to CRAN. It should be available within 24-48 hours on all CRAN mirrors

This version includes various bug fixes, including those for the experiment function.

Eliot McIntire

Apr 23, 2016, 7:15:44 PM4/23/16
to SpaDES Users
In general, the experiment takes lists of parameters. That way is flexible. So, for instance if you had a parameter in a module that was a vector of values, say

params = list(moduleA = list(growthParams = c(0.1, 2.3, 3)))

Then in the experiment, it would be:
params = list(moduleA = list(growthParams = list(c(0.1, 2.3, 3), c(0.2, 2.5, 4))))

Then:
experiment(simList, params = params)