trouble building from source...

Michael Gilbert

Apr 23, 2016, 4:27:18 PM4/23/16
to SpaDES Users
Hi,

We've been using SPAdes 3.6.0 on our cluster and wanted to upgrade to 3.7.1. We have, in the past, built SPAdes from source without any issues. However, 3.7.1 is giving us some major problems. Although we were able to get the pre-built binaries to work, we would like to optimize the install. When trying to build from source, we get a problem with version of Boost.cmake not being able to find "libboost_date_time.a". Here is our system information:

CentOS 6.7
cmake 2.8.12.2
gcc 5.2.0
zlib 1.2.3
libbz2 1.0.5

For some reason, the default version of boost in CentOS 6.7 doesn't have the libraries needed for spades. The only problem is that attempting to upgrade Boost doesn't work, as they don't seem to currently have a supported version of Boost.cmake in their packages.

Is anyone here familiar with this issue or have any ideas on how I can solve it?

Thank you so much!

Mike

Eliot McIntire

Apr 23, 2016, 7:12:05 PM4/23/16
to SpaDES Users
Wrong SpaDES.  This list is for the SpaDES package for R.