Spack/Singularity - Can't find BASH Spack Function

Richard Young

Jan 26, 2021, 9:37:11 PM1/26/21
to Spack
I am uncertain if this is the correct list to request help when using singularity within spack or not. If it's not please let me know.

I am using Spack 0.15.4 and have installed Singularity 3.6.1 within Spack, to run specific environment for researchers based on Ubuntu OS. Both Spack and Singularity work correctly and are installed in RHEL 7.9. I created the required container using "singularity build...…" and there is no error(s) during the container build process. However, when I log into the container using the command "singularity shell biolinux.sif", I get the following error:

bash: BASH_FUNC_spack(): line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
bash: BASH_FUNC_spack(): line 0: `BASH_FUNC_spack() () {  for var in LD_LIBRARY_PATH DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH;'
bash: error importing function definition for `BASH_FUNC_spack'

If I download a pre-built image and I don't get this error but these containers are unsuitable, so the containers I am building are built from scratch. Has anybody come across this error message before and know of a way to solve it.

Thank you