Can't figure out creating modules with no hash

Simon Alexander

Nov 9, 2021, 8:07:37 PM11/9/21
to Spack

We've updating to v0.17.0, and I'm trying to create lmod relate module files without a hash.

Our previous configuration simply used:
[]$ cat modules.yaml
modules:
  enable::
    - lmod
  lmod:
    hash_length: 0
    hierarchy:
      - 'mpi'

But, since updating to v0.17.0, when I install a new package, it always appears to add a hash to the modulename. I used the previous configuration, and the current configuration is:
[]$ cat modules.yaml
modules:
  enable:
    - lmod
  lmod:
    hash_length: 0
    projections:
      all: '{name}/{version}'
      ^mpi: '{name}/{version}'
    hierarchy:
      - 'mpi'

Am I missing something? I've tried uninstalling, re-installing the packages - the modulefile names aren't cached anywhere are they?

Regards,
Simon

Simon Alexander

Nov 11, 2021, 3:26:25 PM11/11/21
to Spack
Please ignore. I stepped back and re-installed from scratch, recreated the configuration files, and module file naming appears to now be working.

Apologies, I must have glitched somewhere.