Spack v0.16.1 has been released!

Dahlgren, Tammy

Feb 22, 2021, 10:25:14 PM2/22/21
to sp...@googlegroups.com

Hello.

Our latest “minor” release of Spack (v0.16.1) is out!  A summary of the changes along with download links are available at:

    https://github.com/spack/spack/releases/tag/v0.16.1

Highlights of some of the many bug fixes and enhancements are:

  • oneAPI support: Adds ten packages for Intel oneAPI packages compilers and libraries;
  • HIP/ROCm support:  Adds ROCmPackage with a hipcc fix;
  • ASP-based concretizer (experimental): Makes significant changes, in terms of bug fixes and refactoring, to the new concretizer;
  • Auto-generated configuration files: Ensures these files are not polluted with empty lists or dictionaries;
  • Built-in package variants:  Adds sanity checks; and
  • CI: Fixes compiler bootstrapping.

Additional bug fixes and or enhancements were made regarding:  ABI compatibility-related imports; abstract spec comparisons; binary relocation performance improvements; dev-build patch skipping; environment install reporting; spack find spec grouping; spack smoke test environment settings and error handling; big sur recognition; Apple Clang compiler wrapper PATH, documentation, and packages.

Many thanks to the community for reporting issues and contributing changes to the release!

Carlos Andrés del Valle

Feb 27, 2021, 2:44:51 AM2/27/21
to Spack
Hi, I'm running garuda linux and when trying to source spack I get these message

share/spack/setup-env.sh (line 262): Unexpected ')' found, expecting '}'
# In dash, the sourced file is the last one opened (and it's kept open)
^
from sourcing file share/spack/setup-env.sh
called on line 185 of file /usr/share/fish/config.fish
in function '.' with arguments 'share/spack/setup-env.sh'
source: Error while reading file “share/spack/setup-env.sh”

How can I get around that?

Pariksheet Nanda

Feb 27, 2021, 5:03:23 AM2/27/21
to sp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,

On 2/27/21 2:44 AM, Carlos Andrés del Valle wrote:
> *Message sent from a system outside of UConn.*
>
> Hi, I'm running garuda linux and when trying to source spack I get these
> message
>
> share/spack/setup-env.sh (line 262): Unexpected ')' found, expecting '}'
> # In dash, the sourced file is the last one opened (and it's kept open)
> ^
> from sourcing file share/spack/setup-env.sh
> called on line 185 of file /usr/share/fish/config.fish
> in function '.' with arguments 'share/spack/setup-env.sh'
> source: Error while reading file “share/spack/setup-env.sh”
>
> How can I get around that?
Line 185 points to a fish (friendly interactive shell) configuration
file, but the supported shells mentioned in the comments of that file
share/spack/setup-env.sh are bash, zsh, and dash (sh) so it's not clear
whether your fish shell is supported. You may wish to try one of the
those shells or share/spack/setup-env.csh for {,t}csh

Pariksheet

Carlos Andrés del Valle

Feb 27, 2021, 8:01:58 AM2/27/21
to Spack