Spack User Survey results

Gamblin, Todd

Dec 2, 2020, 7:01:34 PM12/2/20
to 'Massimiliano Culpo' via Spack
Hi all,

Thanks to all of you who participated in the first ever Spack User Survey. 169 people responded and I think we’ve got a much better idea of who’s in the community and what their needs are. We’ll make this a yearly thing so that we can track better.

If you are interested in the survey results, you can find a writeup with the data sliced various ways, sampled long question answers, and analysis here:

https://spack.io/spack-user-survey-2020/

There are also links in there to the (anonymized) data set and analysis scripts we used, so you can play around with the data yourself. Let us know what you find!

One takeaway from this was that there’s definitely interest in having some sort of Spack user group meeting with presentations from the community. So expect to see some announcements and calls for participation in 2021.

Thanks again, and happy reading!

-Todd