XDG specification support

wsdjeg

May 30, 2021, 1:35:36 AM5/30/21
to spacevim
Please add support for XDG base directory specification:\
http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html

I use to have all my configurations in `XDG_CONFIG_HOME` in order to make backups much simpler.\
In addition, having a clean `$HOME` is always a good idea.

It'd be nice if not only `~/.SpaceVim.d/` but also `~/.Spacevim/` were in `XDG_CONFIG_HOME`.\
Symlinks are not a smart solution for me. So I think the installer/updater script should move the locations.

Many world-renowned applications with a long history in Linx world address the problem overriding the default location using the environment variables (if set).

by @wachambo