Details on Ladies And Gentlemen deluxe edition

Chris Barrus

Sep 18, 2009, 1:51:21 AM9/18/09
to spac...@googlegroups.com
Copy/pasting from: http://pitchfork.com/news/36508-spiritualizeds-iladies-and-gentlemeni-reissue-details-revealed/

The standard, single-disc reissue comes with new artwork and a revised
take on the opening title track, which will now include a bit of
"Can't Help Falling in Love" tacked on as originally intended. Then
there's the Special Edition with two bonus CDs filled with 35
outtakes, a cappellas, and remixes-- it will come in a pill-style
package. And for those truly looking to get their Spiritualized on,
there's the Collector's Edition, made up of 12 mini CDs (remember
those?!), which is not practical at all, but is kinda cool. The
Collector's Edition also comes with the two (not-mini) CDs of bonus
material.

Tracklists and tour dates below:

Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space:

01 Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
02 Come Together
03 I Think I'm in Love
04 All of My Thoughts
05 Stay With Me
06 Electricity
07 Home of the Brave
08 The Individual
09 Broken Heart
10 No God Only Religion
11 Cool Waves
12 Cop Shoot Cop

Bonus CD1:

01 Ladies and Gentlemen (A Cappella)
02 Ladies and Gentlemen (Demo)
03 Ladies and Gentlemen (Strings)
04 Ladies and Gentlemen (Kate Telephone Call)
05 Ladies and Gentlemen (Moles Studio Mix 7)
06 Ladies and Gentlemen (Original Oratone Ideas)
07 Ladies and Gentlemen (A Cappella w/ Lead Vocal)
08 Come Together (Instrumental Demo)
09 Come Together (Demo in Lower Key)
10 I Think I'm in Love (Original Demo Idea)
11 I Think I'm in Love (Demo)
12 I Think I'm in Love (Drums/Wah)
13 I Think I'm in Love (A Cappella)
14 I Think I'm in Love (Vocal Demo Jan 96)
15 I Think I'm in Love (Gospel Choir Session)
16 All of My Thoughts (Demo)
17 All of My Thoughts (Strings)
18 Rocket Shaped Song

Bonus CD2:

01 Electricity (Demo)
02 Electricity (January 96)
03 Electricity (June 96)
04 Home of the Brave (Demo)
05 Home of the Brave (Panned Vocal)
06 Beautiful Happiness
07 Broken Heart (Demo)
08 Broken Heart (Strings)
09 Broken Heart (Vocal Harmony/Angel Corpus Christi)
10 Broken Heart (Early Vocal)
11 No God Only Religion (Demo)
12 No God Only Religion (Horns)
13 Cool Waves (Demo)
14 Cool Waves (String Session Mix)
15 Cop Shoot Cop (Demo)
16 Cop Shoot Cop (Dr. John 'The National Anthem)
17 Cop Shoot Cop (String Session Mix)

Spiritualized (performing Ladies and Gentlemen in its entirety):

10-12 London, England - Royal Festival Hall
10-13 London, England - Royal Festival Hall
12-14 Manchester, England - Apollo
12-16 London, England - Barbican
12-17 London, England - Barbican
12-19 Gateshead, England - Sage Centre

Hunny...@aol.com

Sep 18, 2009, 4:43:13 AM9/18/09
to spac...@googlegroups.com
Yay! Sp* lives!

LAG getting a new spotlight is great. Perhaps it will bring more
people into our cult. ; )

I'm pleased that the album will now be as J originally intended, with
the title track (one of the most beautiful songs of our time) now
including "Can't Help Falling in Love." Hopefully, the iconic artwork
will only be improved, although I can't imagine how that could be, as
it is perfect, imho. I'm trusting that they will only build on the
original theme in a tasteful way.

But this really caught my attention: "Rocket Shaped Song," the last
track on the first "bonus disc." Does anyone know anything about this
song??? The prospect of hearing a "new" LAG-era track is sweet indeed.

Spiritually,
Lydia

Chris Barrus

Sep 18, 2009, 6:55:45 PM9/18/09
to spac...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:43 AM,  <Hunny...@aol.com> wrote:

> But this really caught my attention: "Rocket Shaped Song," the last
> track on the first "bonus disc." Does anyone know anything about this
> song??? The prospect of hearing a  "new" LAG-era track is sweet indeed.

If memory serves, "Rocket Shaped Songs" was the original working title
for LAG. I recall Jason saying something at the time about having a
subtitle to the band name e.g. "Lazer Guided Melodies," "Electric
Mainline," and then "Rocket Shaped Songs."

-c.