The Vision Thing - Space exploration - Is it an issue in the next elections?

S.Goodfellow

Nov 26, 2007, 2:22:17 PM11/26/07
to Space Elevator Group
Hi fellow group members,

It's good to be amidst visionaries, in this case supporters Space
Elevator.
I believe it my duty to do all I can to promote and publicize what it
is, why we need it and how we are going to build it.

As you all know, the US presidential election is coming up. The other
day, relaxing with my in-laws (can you imagine!) - I caught a brief TV
blurb about a non-partisan group called Unity08, so I checked out
their website at http://www.unity08.com

You can imagine my astonishment fellow SE enthusiasts, then I
discovered that not only did they not have the Space Elevator as an
issue topic, they didn't even have space exploration!
If you want to help me remedy that, I have started a group in their
midst called, "The Vision Thing - Space exploration"
The expression, "the Vision Thing" was coined by a cynical Bush senior
when having to address the issue of space exploration. I thought it
appropriate to bring back to life in their group subjects.

If you have the time and inclination, go and put in your two cents
worth on the group; who knows - perhaps we can start a downhill
snowball, and get them to place it on the site as an issue:
http://www.unity08.com/groups/The+Vision+Thing+-+Space+exploration

I have lots more to say - but now I have to pick up my son from
school. Very much looking forward to hearing your views, insights.

Best,

Stephen Goodfellow