Basic newbie question

toz

May 3, 2018, 3:05:50 AM5/3/18
to sozi-users
Hi all

I'm new to Sozi and would like to use if for creating a dynamic website (i.e. not a pre-defined order of showing the frames as in a presentation, but rather responsive to the user clicking on an object, very much like what is shown in "Frame URLs and hyperlinks" (http://sozi.baierouge.fr/pages/tutorial-links.html). I understand there are two distinct ways of using Sozi:

a) use Sozi stand-alone for framing any given svg file, resulting in a html and json file
b) use Sozi as Inkscape plugin, resulting in a "dynamic" svg file which can be manually embedded using html code

Correct so far?

For my purpose, b) seems to be the preferred version. The tutorial states "This page is part of the documentation for Sozi 13. It is not applicable to more recent versions."  Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to install Sozi 13 as Inkscape plugin (Python2.7/LXML/PyGTK --> Sozi13) under Win7 64-bit archutecture, using 32-bit installers (at least, I did not manage to see "Sozi" in the Extension menue of Inkscape despite several trials).

Any chance of using more recent versions of Sozi for my purpose? If not, any chance to find support regarding installation of Sozi13?

Any help is highly appreciated - thank you very much in advance!
toz

Guillaume Savaton

May 3, 2018, 12:29:03 PM5/3/18
to sozi-...@googlegroups.com
a) use Sozi stand-alone for framing any given svg file, resulting in a html and json file
b) use Sozi as Inkscape plugin, resulting in a "dynamic" svg file which can be manually embedded using html code

Correct so far?

Not exactly. I do not consider "b" as a viable option today.
Sozi 13 is only provided for "historical" purpose.
Its development ceased in 2013 and you cannot expect any support if you have problems with it.

Hyperlinks also work in recent versions of Sozi.
The tutorial at http://sozi.baierouge.fr/pages/tutorial-links.html needs to be updated, but the techniques are basically the same in Sozi 18.

Guillaume