Install Sozi 17 on Mac OS X

Nele

May 9, 2017, 8:48:00 AM5/9/17
to sozi-users
Hi everyone,

I would like to install Sozi 17 on Mac OS X (10.11) but have yet to succeed.

The instructions on the website say: "Sozi is currently provided in the form of a zip archive. Unzipping the archive will create a folder with the same name. Linux and Windows users will run Sozi by launching the Sozi executable inside that folder. OS X users will find a Sozi.app subfolder that they can drag into their Applications folder."

I cannot find Sozi.app in the zipped file. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much!

Nele

Guillaume Savaton

May 9, 2017, 2:20:38 PM5/9/17
to sozi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Nele.

I cannot find Sozi.app in the zipped file. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

When you extract the file Sozi-17.02.072116-darwin-x64.tgz, you get a folder "Sozi-17.02.072116-darwin-x64" and inside, there is a subfolder named "Sozi.app".

Guillaume

Nele

May 9, 2017, 3:11:32 PM5/9/17
to sozi-users
Hi Guillaume,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I had, indeed, downloaded the wrong file! With the right one, it works!

I have another basic question: does Sozi work as an extension of Inkscape? I.e. do I have to download Inkscape to be able to make the necessary SVG files to make presentations with Sozi?

Thanks again!

Nele

Marcelo Vaz Pupo

May 9, 2017, 3:39:39 PM5/9/17
to sozi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nele,

let me answer this: no, you dont need to use, necessarily, inkscape. You can open a SVG file with Sozi 17 created in anyother program...

Susanna Petruccelli

Aug 21, 2017, 4:18:40 PM8/21/17
to sozi-users
Hi!
I still have a problem opening my svg's with Sozi.app. I downloaded the mentioned tgz. I extracted it. Inside the folder there was no subfolder with Sozi.app, but just the Sozi.app. I moved it to my Applications folder. Opened it and I got the screen telling me to open an svg file. When selecting my desired svg, unfortunately, nothing happens: the pop up closes and the option to open an svg file is still there. I also tried to open the project bij choosing the 'open with..' option through the finder, but Sozi.app turns out to be greyed out. I have tried with different svg's. Do you have an idea on what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

simoni....@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 6:11:05 AM8/22/17
to sozi-users
Bonjour, je rencontre le même problème que celui évoqué par Susanna.
Merci d'avance de votre aide.
Alain

Guillaume Savaton

Aug 23, 2017, 3:20:56 AM8/23/17
to sozi-...@googlegroups.com
Inside the folder there was no subfolder with Sozi.app, but just the Sozi.app.

Well. Sorry for the confusion.
Technically, Sozi.app is a subfolder, but MacOS displays it differently.

I moved it to my Applications folder. Opened it and I got the screen telling me to open an svg file. When selecting my desired svg,

Maybe there is a problem with your SVG document.
Can you try to download and open the "base document" from http://sozi.baierouge.fr/pages/tutorial-first.html ?

In Sozi 17.06, you can also press F12 and tell me if you see error messages in the console.

Guillaume

Susanna Petruccelli

Aug 23, 2017, 3:55:17 AM8/23/17
to sozi-users
Hi Guillaume,

Thank you so much for the swift answer. I just tried again and got it working but cannot tell how, actually. I used the same svg and got it working this time. Maybe after restarting my machine, or because inspecting the content of the Sozi.app, or just by hitting the F12 button. Anyhow, thank you very much!

Cheers,
Susanna

Andreina Aragoneses

Jul 7, 2019, 1:37:43 AM7/7/19
to sozi-users
Hi there! please help, I just can't find where to download the zip file for mac os. Is it available on the webpage? Could anyone point me where ? THANKS!

Marcelo Vaz Pupo

Jul 7, 2019, 8:34:20 AM7/7/19
to sozi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreina,