FULL Flame Assist 2016

Savanna Bobby

Dec 8, 2023, 4:16:46 AM12/8/23
to sozi-users
Wildfires affect the federal budget both directly and indirectly. Directly, federal spending on fire suppression on federal lands averaged $2.5 billion per fiscal year (in 2020 dollars) between 2016 and 2020. Indirectly, the federal budget is affected through spending on health care following smoke exposure, disruptions to military operations, agricultural assistance, and risks to federal timber sales.\n\nFULL Flame Assist 2016\nDownload https://t.co/KdKvZNnYER\n\n\n\nFire management assistance grants (FMAGs) are provided to state and local governments to mitigate, manage, and control fires on both public and private lands. They are the most common wildfire-related type of disaster assistance provided, and they have the smallest average obligations per disaster. For the 266 fire management assistance declarations made from 2016 to 2020, the average amount of federal funds obligated totaled $3 million. States seek assistance through FMAGs when a wildfire is burning under such conditions that it threatens to become a major disaster and when eligible firefighting costs exceed a predetermined threshold.\n\nIf a fire causes damage that exceeds the capacity of state and local governments to respond, affected communities may request that the President issue an emergency declaration. (Emergency declarations are not limited to wildfires or other natural disasters, such as earthquakes, floods, or severe storms; they can be made for any instance when the President decides federal assistance is needed.) Four wildfires received emergency declarations from 2016 to 2020. An emergency declaration allows for federal resources to supplement state and local efforts to provide emergency services or to lessen the threat of further disruptions. Those federal funds may be used to assist local public authorities with providing emergency protective measures and removing debris. Assistance to individuals is limited to housing and other immediate needs. Under an emergency declaration, the federal government pays the entire cost of individual housing assistance and 75 percent of the cost of public assistance and other individual needs.\n\nFor the nine wildfires designated as major disasters from 2016 to 2020, obligations averaged $394 million for public and hazard-mitigation assistance and $21 million for individual and household assistance (as of April 8, 2022). Those amounts may continue to increase as state and local governments implement required repairs over the coming years.\n\nPersons selected for employment as a Fire Fighter II are placed in a three-year apprenticeship program. A Fire Fighter II performs the full-range of firefighting duties including responding to alarms as a member of an engine crew on such fire apparatus as engines or water tenders, entering burning areas and structures with charged hose lines, and ventilating buildings. A Fire Fighter II assists in the training of seasonal and volunteer fire fighters and may assist in making fire prevention inspections. Fire Fighters II assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance and repair.\n\nWe were in Chalet Village when the area was engulfed in flame and smoke. Lucky we had a couple P100 full face respirators from painting project we had the year before so that made it to where we could keep as much sense about us as possible in the choas. We ended up driving in a panic but managed to got out of there by the skin of our teeth. Our car was basically trashed, but our lives were spared. We ran over a pretty thick tree and almost got stuck on the way but managed to reverse out of there, when we reversed we hit a tree with the rear of the car but got unstuck from the front, luckily our bags didnt deploy and the car was still operable. We saw a disabled car that wasnt so lucky and I got out of the car and was able to get them safely to our vehicle and out of there, and let them use one of the respirators.\n\n\n\nSeptember 1, 2016 10:11am\nCompany 07 was called in on a second alarm to assist Holmes Fire Company with a building fire in Ridley Township. Crews assisted with opening up a wall to expose and extinguish the fire behind it, then helped with overhaul and some clean up.\n\nAugust 11, 2016 All Day\nThe day started at with a call at 11:06am in Ridley Park Borough for a smoke detector sounding in an apartment. There was no smoke or fire. At 1:46pm, RPFD assisted Prospect Park Fire Company with a call for smoke in the building at Prospect Park Care Center. After returning from that call, the crew was called back to assist with evacuation that same building due to a power outage from the previous emergency.\n\nJuly 25, 2016 10:55am\nCompany 07 was dispatched to assist Holmes Fire Company in Ridley Township with evacuating an area after several PECO poles were torn down by a truck, causing a power outage to the area during an extreme heat wave.\n\nJuly 18, 2016 4:24pm\nCompany 07 assisted Tinicum Township Fire Company at a building fire in a classroom of Tinicum Township School. Company 48 put a quick knock on the fire and 07 assisted with checking for extension on the roof and then ventilating and cleaning up.\n\nJune 15, 2016 6:58pm\nWorking building fire in Ridley Park with heavy fire showing on the second floor. There was no entrapment. Crews led off with a hand-line, threw ladders, and ventilated the structure. Thanks to a quick stop, most damage was confined the second floor, and the contents of the first floor were saved. Crews helped salvage that apartment by leaving tarps inside, which minimized the water damage. Thanks to Prospect Park, Eddystone, Tinicum Township, Holmes, and Milmont Park Fire Companies as well as to Canteen 67, Tinicum Township and Norwood ambulances and Medic 102A for their assistance.\n\nCompany 07 was dispatched along with the rest of the 12th District Fire Companies to a building fire in a Tinicum Township motel.\nThe caller reported flames coming from the floorboards and smoke from the vents. Company 48 led off with an 1 3/4 handline and the crew from 07 assisted with gaining access to a crawl space (using an attic ladder) where the fire was located and then assisted with clean up once it was extinguished.\n eebf2c3492\n