Tektronix SP232

arie

Sep 18, 2007, 10:13:01 AM9/18/07
to sowacs: soil water moisture content measurement systems and sensors
Hello members,
I am looking for a RS232 interface (also called SP232) for The
Tektronix 1502 Cable tester.
Whoever got one he can spare, please let me know.
I wonder if anyone has successfully improvised such a device.
Thanks
arie

Arie Nadler
Renewable Resources Dept, ESB 4-44, AFHE,
U of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
Email: Ar...@afhe.ualberta.ca
Phone: office (780) 4928541; lab (780) 492006 home (780) 4355081
(From Nov/1st 2006 to Oct/31st 2007, on sabbatical leave from
Institute of Soil, Water, and the Environment, ARO, Israel)

morteza doosti

Sep 20, 2007, 6:24:04 AM9/20/07
to sow...@googlegroups.com
Dear Arie

you can design and make a better device than tektronix and cheaper than that. we made one in urmia university. you need an pulse generator (oscilator25ghz), and or nand gate, time counter, and the related formulas and calibration equations.

good luck