First European Conference on Unsaturated Soils 2-4 July 2008

David Toll

Mar 26, 2008, 9:05:32 AM3/26/08
to sow...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues

The early bird reduced registration for the First European Conference on
Unsaturated Soils (to be held in Durham, UK, 2-4 July 2008) will be open
until 4th April and, after that date, the full registration rate will be
payable. Further details on registration fees are available in the
"Registration & Fees" section of the conference website at
http://www.e-unsat.dur.ac.uk

Researchers and practitioners are very welcome to attend this event, which
will undoubtedly provide a useful forum for learning about this growing area
of geo-engineering and for interacting with the major players in the field.
We are pleased to announce that the opening lecture on case histories will
be delivered by the ISSMGE TC6 Chair Prof E. Alonso from UPC (Barcelona) and
there will also be three key note addresses in the areas of constitutive
modelling, environmental engineering and soil testing delivered by Prof A.
Gens from UPC (Barcelona), Prof L. Laloui from EPFL (Lausanne) and Prof P.
Delage from ENPC (Paris) respectively.

The broad theme of the conference is the engineering behaviour of
unsaturated soils, covering a range of soil categories including expansive
soils, collapsible soils, natural soils, compacted soils, residual soils,
arid soils, pyroclastic soils, rockfill materials and fractured rocks.
Technical contributions from both academia and industry will be presented
during the conference under the five sub-themes of Advances in Testing
Techniques, Engineering Behaviour, Constitutive Modelling, Numerical
Modelling and Case Studies.

Looking forward to meeting you in Durham.

David Toll
on behalf of the E-UNSAT Organizing Committee
--
Dr David Toll
School of Engineering

** I am currently working as a Visiting Professor at NUS and my address is:
Department of Civil Engineering
National University of Singapore
Engineering Drive 2
Singapore 117576