CS 616 Calibrations

Priyantha

Dec 11, 2007, 12:38:34 AM12/11/07
to sowacs: soil water moisture content measurement systems and sensors
Dear SOWACS members

I have been trying to calibrate the CS616 Water Content Reflectometer
using field data. The calibration I got gives lower values of VWC when
compared to the manufacturers calibration.

I would appreciate if someone with experience in calibrating this
instrument could tell me whether the calibration they got gives higher
or lower values in comparison to the results they got from
manufacturers calibration (in general).

Thanks

Priyantha Kulasekera
Grad Student, University of Guelph.

Clint

Dec 11, 2007, 9:38:30 AM12/11/07
to sowacs: soil water moisture content measurement systems and sensors
Priyantha Kulasekera,

Friend, you can expect to need to do site specific calibration with
this probe. All should be well. See the manufacturer's blurb at

http://www.campbellsci.com/documents/lit/b_cs616.pdf

Also see Steve Evett's fine chapter on the calibration of capacitance
probes in the Encyclopedia of Water Science.

Kind regards,

Clint
Clinton Shock
Oregon State University