[Bike to the Future] December newsletter

1 view

Bike to the Future

Dec 7, 2010, 4:36:06 PM12/7/10
to Bike to the Future announcements
Hello Bike to the Future members and supporters. This newsletter contains the following items:

1. Minutes from our Annual General Meeting
2. Minutes from our November Monthly Meeting
3. City of Winnipeg's 2011 Capital Budget -- public consultation
4  City of Winnipeg transportation survey (Transportation Master Plan)
5. Bike to Work Day 2011 -- volunteers are needed to serve on the planning committee
6. BttF membership (memberships purchased in 2009 are now due for renewal)

Kevin Miller
Bike to the Future, Co-Chair
biketothefuture.org
_____________________________

Minutes from our Annual General Meeting

The Annual General Meeting minutes have been posted at biketothefuture.org/about/annual-general-meeting.

BttF's 2010-2011 Board of Directors
____________________________

Minutes from our November Monthly Meeting

The November Monthly Meeting minutes have been posted at biketothefuture.org/about/meetings.

Note: We have canceled our December Monthly Meeting.
Our next Monthly Meeting is on Tuesday January 11th at 5:30 at the Sport for Life Centre: details.
____________________________

City of Winnipeg's 2011 Capital Budget -- public consultation

Do you want more bike paths, safer pedestrian crossings, and better accessibility options?

It all comes down to the budget.

Winnipeggers can weigh in on the city's 2011 Capital Budget during a round-table public consultation session on Thursday December 9th from 6:00 to 8:00 PM in Room 5 on the main floor of the Winnipeg Convention Centre, 375 York Ave.

Complete info.
____________________________

City of Winnipeg transportation survey (Transportation Master Plan)

The City of Winnipeg is in the process of developing a Transportation Master Plan. You can find information presented at a recent Open House along with a link to a survey on the future of transportation in Winnipeg here:  transportation.speakupwinnipeg.com.

If you want to go straight to the survey, see surveymonkey.com/s/winnipegtmp.

The feedback received from the survey will help in developing the plan, so it's definitely worth taking a few minutes to complete it.
____________________________

Bike to Work Day 2011 -- volunteers are needed to serve on the planning committee

The 4th annual Bike to Work Day is tentatively scheduled for Friday June 24th. Volunteers are needed to serve on the planning committees. Meetings will commence in the new year at a to-be-determined date/time/location. Please contact the volunteer Project Manager, Mike Tutthill, if you have questions or are interested.

BttF membership (memberships purchased in 2009 are now due for renewal)

Members of Bike to the Future agree with our mission and vision and support it. We are a volunteer-run, incorporated, non-profit organization that is only as strong as our membership.

All memberships purchased in 2009 are now due for renewal.

Please show your support for our work by becoming a member or renewing your membership.

Get Involved

Our website at biketothefuture.org is updated often.