Mission: Bike to the Bombers

Anders Swanson

Dec 16, 2010, 10:40:19 AM12/16/10
to southwes...@googlegroups.com
I would like to issue an open challenge.

We need to find someone/some people who is/are able to:

1. Secure min. $250,000 (or %0.13% of $190 000 000 of the Stadium project) for deluxe bike parking facilities at the stadium for the use of: University of Manitoba students and employees, Stadium employees, fans (i.e. a weather-protected area for a permanent bike valet location and indoor bike parking included in the design, showers, lockers and secure bike parking for the rest). note: because of the new zoning bylaws, they're going to have to include significant bike parking anyway. Someone needs to make sure it's done right.

2. Secure min. $1 000 000 (or %0.53 of $190 000 000 of the Stadium project) for short term bicycle infrastructure improvements to get people to the stadium/University. i.e. upgrade the facilities along University Crescent / connect Bison Drive Pathway to Waverley/Bishop Grandin.  note: the City intends to install cycling facilities this year during a scheduled rehab of the section of Pembina between Chevrier and Plaza.

Total = 0.66% of the entire project.

Anders