Build a 3d printer

Federico Giacomarra

May 6, 2015, 12:00:00 PM5/6/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
this is federico gicaomarra, i'm an architect based in london. I have quite few experience in prototyping in real scale, CNC, 3d printing, lasercutting...I'd like to expand my knowledge in 3d printing and G-code building a 3d printer...i need some help or advice doing this, specially in the eletronic parts, I just need a little help. Is there anybody i can speak with? how it works ? do I need to become a member?

many thanks

Federico

here my website

Gordon Endersby

May 6, 2015, 12:29:20 PM5/6/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Federico,

There are a few of us in the group who have built 3d printers.
Several kits and also like myself from scratch, Im about to start a new one now. The group also own an Ultimaker 2 that was donated for members to use. As well as a trotec laser cutter and a host of other resources.

Anyone is welcome to come along on an open evening and ask us anything you like. We are just about to finish the first phase of building our Makerspace so things are still a bit haphazard when it comes to enquires like yours.
Normally we have an open night every Wednesday and they will be resuming after our phase 1 grand opening.

We have our official opening day on Wednesday 27th May at 7.30pm.
Everyone is welcome to come along to see the space and meet the members.
Im sure somebody will be able to have a chat and point you in the right direction. I hope to be there with my 3d printer along with others.

If you would like to come and visit before then just pick a weekend or evening when there is work advertised in the google group and come along to say hello. There may be 3d printer people about but most will be concentrating on finishing the building and may not be able to chat for long.

In the meantime have a look at the reprap wiki http://reprap.org/wiki/
This was my first point of call for information on how to build a printer.
And the forum http://forums.reprap.org.
Loads of information.

Gordon

federico giacomarra

May 6, 2015, 1:25:45 PM5/6/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gordon, manyt thanks

I'd like to drop in one of this day when you have some event. In the meanwhile i will wait your opening day on 27th of may.

I'd like to build a prusa mendel reprap, i'm pretty interested in the experiement these guys are doing with G-code and 3d modelling...http://projectsilkworm.com/

Many thanks, see you soon

Best

Federico