Open this evening (Wed 13)?

Mr Ed

May 13, 2015, 7:04:05 AM5/13/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm new to all of this (I'm not a member currently, but I've turned up a couple of times for the fun of helping). I was hoping to finish what I started on Sunday and get the outrageously heavy fire door hung to the back area. I'm not really sure how this whole thing works at the moment, so I'm not 100% sure if it's open this evening. I'll be turning up, hopefully around 7:30 or so, but if it's not going to be open, it'd be great for someone to let me know so I can go and do something else...

Other than that, a bit about me:

I'm a rathewr generalist engineer and I'm interested in hacking on more or less anything. Professionally, I work on comptuer vision and in a completely unrelated way medical devices where I'm doing the circuit design, firmware, some of the software, case design and even cable boots making heavy use of things like 3D printing. Non professionally (unprofessionally?), I can do a bit of woodwork (well wood butchery, though I'm trying to improve), metal work (I know how not to kill myself with a lathe and I can sharpen drillbits on a bench grinder) and other general purpose hackery.

-Ed

Tom Newsom

May 13, 2015, 7:15:07 AM5/13/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

During the last weeks of construction, we're organising work days via this Doodle poll. As you can see, tonight will be a busy one, so you'd be more than welcome to lend a hand. I'll see you there!

Mr Ed