Call for Help – Maker Faire

Tom Lynch

May 8, 2015, 3:46:44 PM5/8/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Many of you probably visited Elephant & Castle Mini Maker Faire in 2013 or 2014. It was London's first Maker Faire event and was really well received by visitors and exhibitors, in fact, dispite it's name it was the biggest event after UK Maker Faire last year.

This year the flagship London Maker Faire was due to take place in May in Stratford, however the folks organising this have had some issues with their venue and it has been postponed until next year.

As the organisers of Elephant & Castle Mini Maker Faire we are hoping to plug the gap for another year. To do this we need to find people who can join our friendly team of event organisers and help us make this happen.

It's a big event, with lots of things to do, it's great fun and we need people to help with things such as, finding sponsorship, logisics, finances, marketing, social media, design, curation and more.

After two years in a row it would be a shame to drop the ball, but we need more help this year to make it happen, some people have moved away, adn some people have started working full time, so we need to share the load with a bigger group.

With enough people the load shouldn't be to great, but without it, then the future of the event is uncertain. We know the forumlae to a great event, we just need people to help out.

If you are interested to find out more, send us an email directly to Tom m...@unknowndomain.co.uk.

Thanks

Ben, Irini, Marc, Tom
Producers