Introduction: Zach Norris

Zach Norris

May 24, 2013, 9:47:53 PM5/24/13
to southern-illi...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone. My name is Zach Norris and I'll be moving to Carbondale this August. I'm transferring to SIUC this fall to complete my bachelors in C.S. I spent 8 years active duty in the Marine Corps. I was a data communications chief responsible for the design and maintenance multiple autonomous networks in a field environment.
I spent most of my time on:
-Routing and switching (Cisco)
-Windows server and domain administration
-Exhcange Server
-VMWare
-Satellite and ground radio communications
-Firewalls
-VoIP

I have no real knowledge in programming which is a big part of why I'm going back to school so late in the game. I have a long list of hobby programming ideas that need to get some attention and professional goals in information security. Other things I find interesting, VPNs, Ubuntu, and software defined radio.

Cheers,
Zach