Google Hash Code 2016 - register your hub today!

Matthew Trojanovich

Nov 17, 2015, 4:19:11 PM11/17/15
to SouthEastEnglandCodeClub, Matthew Trojanovich
Hi SEE CodeClubbers-
Google is organizing an event aimed at university students and industry professionals.  I'm doing my part to help get the word out.
While I know that our group here is dedicated to a younger age range, I recon that this is a receptive audience and that you may know someone or some group for which this would be welcome news.
Below is my canned email complete with registration links and next steps.

Can you reply back to me (directly) if you or someone you know would be interested in competing?

Happy Codeclubbing,
Matthew

=============================

Hello,

Google is organizing Hash Code, a team-based programming competition for university students and industry professionals that will take place in February and March 2016. Teams will be tasked with solving algorithmic problems that are inspired by real challenges that we face at Google (see challenges from previous editions here). In February there will be an Online Qualification Round, and the top scoring teams from this round will then be invited to our Paris office to compete in the final round of the competition in March.

For the Online Qualification Round, we are encouraging participants to organize “hubs” where teams from the same city can meetup to compete side-by-side in a more fun environment. I’m forwarding you the details in case you’d like to signup to organize a hub at [INSERT GROUP NAME HERE!].

Registration for the actual competition will open at the end of November at g.co/hashcode.

Thanks,

Matthew

Peter Lister

Jan 16, 2016, 12:22:29 PM1/16/16
to SouthEastEnglandCodeClub, matt.tro...@gmail.com
Hi Matthew,

Since neither university wanted to, I've now registered a hub at Oxford Hackspace for anyone in the Oxfordshire area.

All the best,
Peter

Matthew Trojanovich

Jan 17, 2016, 3:00:54 AM1/17/16
to Peter Lister, SouthEastEnglandCodeClub

Thanks for sharing that news Peter -- and for taking the lead to do it.