Beginner

Shindya Rai

Oct 1, 2015, 3:57:49 PM10/1/15
to SouthEastEnglandCodeClub
Basically I'm a newbie to programming, I know my basics but I need more experience in order for me to gain more knowledge. However I don't know where I can go e.g. events, conference, meetups, anything.. help anyone please?

Ashley Hindmarsh

Oct 2, 2015, 6:33:05 AM10/2/15
to SouthEastEnglandCodeClub
There are a number of meetups in the "learn to code" vein, but I suspect mostly in London.

Being social is great, but if you can't make it to a meetup, online courses (somethings know as MOOCs) can be very good. e.g. Coursera.

  Ash

Dan Powell

Oct 5, 2015, 12:24:48 PM10/5/15
to SouthEastEnglandCodeClub
Codebar run stuff http://codebar.io/

Take a look at this page on meetup - you can filter by postcode http://learn-to-code.meetup.com/

Of course, a great way to learn is to run a Code Club ;)

Good luck!

mans048

Oct 12, 2015, 3:24:36 PM10/12/15
to SouthEastEnglandCodeClub

Hi Shindya

What do you do now in terms of IT and how much experience do you have with children. This would help us guide you in the right direction as the word programming can cover so many aspects of coding. The codeclub materials are brilliant, but I can understand that coming from a non IT sector it could be daunting.

There are several meet ups as Dan the regional co-ordinator has pointed out so come along to one of those and meet other codeclub leaders. I'm sure we can help support and point you in the right direction.

Steve