Climate Action Plan Update

Tim

Aug 27, 2010, 3:01:10 PM8/27/10
to Southeast Sustainability Committee
Hi All,

I've got Michael Armstrong from the Bureau of Planning and
Sustainability booked to come give us an update on how work is going
on implementation of the Climate Action Plan. The CAP was adopted by
city council one year ago this October. It has some ambitious goals
to be met by 2012 so I'm really curious to see how far things have
come in the past year.

The presentation will be Tuesday, October 5th, from 6:30-8:30. I know
that's a long time from now but I wanted to give you all plenty of
notice so you can plan to attend if you're interested. I would also
like any suggestions on how to make the event as worthwhile as
possible. I think it's a great opportunity to hear about specific
steps being taken, and to ask questions. With that in mind, I wanted
to give you all plenty of time to come up with questions and think of
ways to take advantage of the opportunity. It may also be a chance to
brainstorm additional ways neighborhood sustainability committees can
participate in the work being done by the local government.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Tim

Liz Bryant

Sep 8, 2010, 2:20:15 AM9/8/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Tim, this sounds great.  Since we at Transition put a lot of energy into commenting on the CAP, do you mind if we publicize this on our discussion list?  It could bring in 5 to 10 additional people, I'm guessing, if you have the space.  Let me know - thanks,

Liz

Sep 8, 2010, 2:34:14 AM9/8/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
excellent. Thanks for setting this up. I'll come with lots of questions.

Tim

Sep 15, 2010, 2:05:53 PM9/15/10
to Southeast Sustainability Committee
Hi All,

Below is a little write-up of the CAP update that you can pass along.
Please note that I'm asking for RSVP's so I know how to best set up
the room for the presentation. I hope you can all make it. I'd like
to include time in the agenda for you to give updates about your work,
and to have some discussion about what the future may hold. If you
have any other ideas for what could be included in the agenda let me
know sometime before the event.

Thanks,

Tim

Climate Action Plan One-Year Update

The City of Portland/Multnomah County Climate Action Plan was adopted
one year ago this October. The Plan seeks to reduce carbon emissions
by 80% of 1990 levels by 2050, with specific goals to be reached by
2012. The CAP focuses on: buildings and energy, urban form and
mobility, consumption and solid waste, urban forestry and natural
systems, food and agriculture, community engagement, climate change
preparation, and local government operations.

SE Uplift has invited Michael Armstrong from the Bureau of Planning
and Sustainability to present on the progress that has been made over
the past year, and what we can expect in the coming year. We will
also discuss actions being taken at the neighborhood level and how
those efforts can align with the goals of the CAP.

The presentation is open to the public but space is limited. If
you’re interested in attending please RSVP by emailing
t...@southeastuplift.org. Please join us, and bring your questions and
ideas!

CAP One-Year Update
Tuesday, October 5th
6:30-8:30 PM
SE Uplift
3534 SE Main
> southeast-sustainabilit...@googlegroups.com.

Reuben Deumling

Sep 15, 2010, 3:13:07 PM9/15/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
I will be there. Thanks for organizing this.

Reuben

bebr...@yahoo.com

Sep 15, 2010, 4:09:18 PM9/15/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, I'll be out of town.

Tim

Sep 27, 2010, 6:23:45 PM9/27/10
to Southeast Sustainability Committee
The CAP update is just over a week away and there's still plenty of
space for participants. If you haven't already, feel free to send the
invite out beyond this group.

Climate Action Plan One-Year Update

The City of Portland/Multnomah County Climate Action Plan was adopted
one year ago this October. The Plan seeks to reduce carbon emissions
by 80% of 1990 levels by 2050, with specific goals to be reached by
2012. The CAP focuses on: buildings and energy, urban form and
mobility, consumption and solid waste, urban forestry and natural
systems, food and agriculture, community engagement, climate change
preparation, and local government operations.

SE Uplift has invited Michael Armstrong, Senior Sustainability Manager
for the Bureau of Planning