SE Sustainability Network Event

Tim

Jan 11, 2010, 7:22:36 PM1/11/10
to Southeast Sustainability Committee
Hello All,

I feel like it's time we all got together to check in on our progress,
and plans for the next year. There's seemingly no end of activity
around making Portland a more sustainable place and I think it's
important for us to periodically talk about the role of neighborhood
sustainability committees, and other community-based groups, in the
effort.

Please join me on Tuesday, January 26th, from 6:30-8:30 to discuss the
exciting projects that have taken off and let's brainstorm what might
happen in the future. Following a presentation from Steve Johnson to
get us started (see below), there will be updates about the SE
Portland Tool Lending Library, various Transition Neighborhood groups,
and Solarize Portland. There will be time for everyone to share about
their projects or ideas.

Southeast Sustainability Network Meeting
Opening Presentation by Steve Johnson
Tuesday, January 26
6:30-8:30
3534 SE Main

Steve Johnson is a long-time Portland community activist, researcher,
educator, lecturer and consultant. Since 2006 he has lectured
overseas in 50 cities in 9 countries on the role of civic engagement
in creating vibrant, healthy, and sustainable communities. He is
adjunct professor at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon
where he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses on citizen
participation, community studies, urban watersheds, civic engagement
and social institutions, urban planning, and healthy communities. He
has helped create many enduring civic programs and organizations
including the Portland Saturday Market, Zenger Farm, and the Coalition
for a Livable Future.

Jeff H

Jan 13, 2010, 12:18:23 AM1/13/10
to Southeast Sustainability Committee
Well, crap. Would love to come, but our own sustainability committee
meeting conflicts with this! I hope someone takes good notes!

Jeff

liz / montavilla sustainability

Jan 13, 2010, 3:30:00 PM1/13/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Thank you - I plan on attending - only issue is the previous night - Monday, we have our Neighbor Assoc Board mtg - so I may have to leave this mtg early - time commitments for the week.

On that note - do most Neighborhood Assoc have separate Board & General mtgs on different nights in the month - or do they combine them?

Thanks Tim for organizing!
Liz

--
Thank you,
Liz

Sustainability Chair |  Montavilla Neighborhood Association

Thank you,
Liz

Sustainability Chair |  Montavilla Neighborhood Association

Steve Couche

Jan 13, 2010, 7:43:36 PM1/13/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Hi Liz and fellow Sustainability and Neighborhood people.
My name is Steve Couche, and I am working with a great team of people to open up a SE Portland Tool Library.  We are moving right along, and my guess is that most of you have maybe heard or read about it.  The reason I am writing this is that I and my team are really focusing on getting the word out about the SEPTL.  We'd like to come to one of your neighborhood Association Meetings and give a brief presentation.  If you are interested please give me a  response to this email.  All it would take is about 15 minutes, and I will have brochures, and it seems like we are updating info almost daily.  Check out our website (still growing but informative) at www.septl.org.
Thanks and I will be at the Sustainability Meeting on the 26th at SE Uplift.

Steve Couche, Sustainability Coordinator
Reed Neighborhood Association
SEPTL Coordinator

liz / montavilla sustainability

Jan 19, 2010, 3:41:19 PM1/19/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com, steve...@comcast.net
Hello there Steve  -
We would love to have you speak at our next General Mtg in February - Monday Feb 8th. the Mtg is from 7-8:30 - speakers usually have between 5-15 min.

We can discuss more details - first want to see if that date/ time works for you...
Thanks, Liz

Philip Krain

Jan 19, 2010, 4:37:55 PM1/19/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
We'd love to have you at SMILE as well...

Thanks!

philip

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Steve Couche <steve...@comcast.net> wrote:

--
Philip Krain
971 322 8647

Steve Couche

Jan 20, 2010, 9:04:27 PM1/20/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,
I'd be glad to.  So when would SMILE want me to do a little talk and answer any questions?

Steve

Tim

Jan 25, 2010, 3:45:39 PM1/25/10
to Southeast Sustainability Committee
Just a reminder. I hope to see many of you tomorrow.

Tim

liz / montavilla sustainability

Jan 25, 2010, 3:51:19 PM1/25/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com