SE Uplift Lighting Project

0 vue

Tim

non lue,
12 juil. 2010, 15:46:0012/07/2010
à Southeast Sustainability Committee
Hi All,

Below is a message about a lighting upgrade for our building. It
would be great if any of you can help out. Let me know if you plan to
come by.

Tim

How many neighborhood association volunteers does it take to change
150 light bulbs, and upgrade to energy efficient ballasts? We’ll find
out on July 24th!

SE Uplift has a sustainability project of its own coming up. In order
to drastically reduce the electricity used for lighting our office
space we are replacing our old ballasts and fluorescent bulbs with
more efficient equipment. We are hosting a volunteer work party to
upgrade the lighting on Saturday, July 24th, at 9 AM, and everyone is
invited to come help out. You don’t have to be an electrician to
help. We will train you on how to do the work, and there are tasks
that don’t involve dealing with wires.

We will plan to work for 4 to 5 hours, but feel free to only stay and
work however long you can. Anything helps. Snacks will be provided.

Having volunteers help us with this work is the only way this is
financially possible. In addition to reducing our impact on the
environment, the lighting project will save us a lot of money into the
future, allowing us to devote more of our budget to building stronger
and more sustainable communities in southeast Portland.

Steve Couche

non lue,
12 juil. 2010, 23:40:1112/07/2010
à southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,
I will try to find a time to help. The timing is not so good, the 24th is
the same day as the Clinton/Division Street Fair. SEPTL is tabling and I
still don't have a confirmation of who is helping out. Hopefully I will get
some people to step forward. I'll let you know.
Also, are there any good evenings coming up for meeting with Steven Kung
about the Bikes for Humanity project?

-Steve

[...]

21 juil. 2010, 18:32:2621/07/2010
à Southeast Sustainability Committee
Just a reminder about the lighting project coming up this weekend. We
had to change the day of the project to this Friday, instead of
Saturday. If you're free between 9 and 2 swing by and help!

Thanks,

Tim

On Jul 12, 8:40 pm, "Steve Couche" <steveco1...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
> I will try to find a time to help.  The timing is not so good, the 24th is
> the same day as the Clinton/Division Street Fair.  SEPTL is tabling and I
> still don't have a confirmation of who is helping out.  Hopefully I will get
> some people to step forward.  I'll let you know.
> Also, are there any good evenings coming up for meeting with Steven Kung
> about the Bikes for Humanity project?
>
> -Steve

21 juil. 2010, 18:37:4121/07/2010
à southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Tim, but alas I will be pedaling around (I am getting
a 6' bamboo trailer Thur) to get what several of us will need for building
our rain barrel platform for the rainbarrel workshop that SEPTL is putting
on August 7th.

liz / montavilla sustainability

non lue,
21 juil. 2010, 18:38:1721/07/2010
à southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Sorry - I will be at our majestic coast this weekend.
Take care...

--
Thank you,
Liz

Sustainability Chair |  Montavilla Neighborhood Association

Bryan Brumley

non lue,
22 juil. 2010, 21:40:1622/07/2010
à southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com