Transition Sunnyside: Rainwater Harvesting Workshop - Sunday, March 14th, 3:00

Peter Nierengarten

Mar 7, 2010, 11:25:52 PM3/7/10
to Reuben Deumling, Ginny, alex...@hotmail.com, anomic.a...@gmail.com, bedell...@yahoo.com, Bill Stites, bowma...@msn.com, chasin...@gmail.com, Collin Boggess, cperr...@comcast.net, crn...@comcast.net, deum...@easystreet.net, Diana Deumling, droidr...@gmail.com, Reza, edward...@hotmail.com, Erica Timm, emc...@pdx.edu, Francine Chinitz, fie...@gmail.com, fion...@comcast.net, gaia.r...@gmail.com, garet...@gmail.com, gloria.jac...@comcast.net, John Loomis, iamt...@gmail.com, Jane Pullman, Janelle Hansen, Josh Hilsdon, jnmu...@usfca.edu, John Sorenson, junipe...@gmail.com, liz.b...@gmail.com, llste...@gmail.com, Lou Ann Bennett, lyle.fu...@gmail.com, Marcus, mattf...@gmail.com, maur...@yahoo.com, michael....@gmail.com, Paul Fishman, Pat Wasp, rache...@hotmail.com, rck...@comcast.net, satzi...@gmail.com, Seth Truby, star...@yahoo.com, Tim O'Neal, tmde...@earthlink.net, Annie Tramble, val...@involved.com, Chris Waymire, william...@ml.com, worl...@earthlink.net, Carolyn Buhl, Jeanne Longley, Nina Bindi, Rob Wilder, Sunnyside Yahoo Group, Southeast Sustainability Committee
Ever wonder how to make use of the abundant Oregon rain?  On Sunday, March 14th  Transition Sunnyside will host a hands-on Rainwater Harvesting Workshop at 4425 SE Salmon St from 3:00 to 5:00 pm.  Peter Nierengarten, local engineer and rainwater enthusiast will lead the workshop which will include a short presentation on catchment design, storage principals, hydraulics and materials.  The presentation will be followed by the construction of a new rain water storage system.  Attendees will be encouraged to participate in the construction project.  The workshop will be held outdoors and will take place rain or shine, so please dress for the weather.  Space is limited to 20 participants so please RSVP to Reza at ebruf...@gmail.com

Peter Nierengarten
(503) 367-4444

"Bikes not Bombs"

Steve Couche

Mar 8, 2010, 12:19:49 AM3/8/10
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
Damn, I'd like to do something like this, but can't swing it on the 13th, I'll have the kids and will have them in Italian on that Sunday.  So I would like to talk to you about maybe doing a whole day session like this for the SEPTL (one of our workshops) this summer or maybe early fall (maybe a heading into fall type scenario in August).  Anyway we can talk about it.  If my grant application is accepted I should have some $'s to help pay you and also find a way to generate dollars for rain barrels and other materials we might need.
Talk to you soon, and thanks to you of the Sunnyside Neighborhood for setting such a great example for the other neighborhoods to follow.

All the best,
Steve Couche, Coordinator
SE Portland Tool Library
(scheduled to open May 1st)

Peter Nierengarten

Mar 8, 2010, 12:30:17 AM3/8/10
to Southeast Sustainability Committee
Hi Steve,

That sounds like a great idea!  I'll love to host another event at the Tool Library.  Perhaps we can get together in the next month or two to talk about details and draw up a budget.  Let me know when you have some free time.

regards

Peter Nierengarten
(503) 367-4444

"Bikes not Bombs"