Richmond Sustainability Nov 14th event -Visit with Farmer K

kathleen clarke

Nov 5, 2009, 4:31:13 PM11/5/09
to southeast-sustain...@googlegroups.com

The October Richmond Sustainability Committee event was a viewing  of the film Power of Community. This month’s event is a real-life sequel- a visit with Farmer Kollibri, the Bike Farmer who farms in other peoples yards here in the Southeast and offers exchange of the produce for use of land/labor/useful goods, creating a unique CSA. Farmer K bikes to farm the 13 yard plots 3-5 mile distance 90% of the time. So please join us to tour Farmer K’s yard at 1905 SE 44th Sat Nov 11th at 2 PM  and exchange questions, answers, and lively conversation. Come see and hear more about the abundance of edible nature and community right under our fingertips. We will also hear more about the possibilities of growing vibrant food all year. This is due to last an hour to an hour and a half or as long as folks want to engage.  More info at www.trashfactory.net/sunrootgardens. For more event info, contact Kathleen katda...@yahoo.com.