UK developers wanted to take part in academic research

kentfield

Dec 14, 2010, 11:22:15 AM12/14/10
to Southampton Developers
I am a developer, and as such I am acutely aware of many of the user
issues that coders face during the developer process. I am also aware
of the lack of facts available to support claims about the working
environment, development environment and background of software
developers in the UK.

There, I am taking this opportunity to conduct the first survey that I
am aware of to document the working environment, development
environment and background of as many of the 300,000 software
developers that exist in the UK (according to the office of national
statistics).

This short survey is open to anyone currently in the UK who has
developed, or is currently developing, a user interface of some kind.
The user interface could be a computer application, mobile device,
website, Flash app, DVD player, or internet-enabled fridge, indeed
anything that involves a computing device interacting with an end
user.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSZXCD6

I will be making public the results of the survey on my website
(www.kentfield.co.uk).

Thank you in advance,
Sally Kentfield

Ben Wheeler

Dec 14, 2010, 7:18:21 PM12/14/10
to southampton...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sally

On 14 December 2010 16:22, kentfield <sally.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSZXCD6

Am I going blind/mad, or do your county lists not appear to include
Greater London or indeed any reference to London?

Also, an N/A in the "working" county list might be appropriate for
those of us between jobs.

Good luck with your research
Ben
--
Quextal plays progressive and psychedelic breakbeats and 4/4s
for innerspace journeying and wild dancing.

Ben Wheeler

Dec 14, 2010, 7:19:31 PM12/14/10
On 15 December 2010 00:18, Ben Wheeler <b...@qolc.net> wrote:
> Hi Sally

Oh FFS. Who sets the Reply-to on a mailing list these days?
Sorry everyone.