Appathon

Christopher Gutteridge

Sep 16, 2011, 6:08:02 AM9/16/11
to southampton...@googlegroups.com
In a months time there's an event at the University of Southampton (and
5 other places around the UK) where teams of students (not just from
Southampton, all students welcome) will build apps to enter in a contest
where 1st prize is a trip to Silicon Valley (and number 10.)

It runs over a weekend, and we're considering inviting local app
developers to come along to mentor the students. While this should be
quite fun, it also is an opportunity for firms to form connections with
the students.

I know a couple of sotech people are app developers, so let me know if
you'd like to be on the invite list. No promises, but I'm interested to
see how (un)enthusiastic people are about the idea. I think it's
probably a good way to find potential future hires...

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248

/ Lead Developer, EPrints Project, http://eprints.org/
/ Web Projects Manager, ECS, University of Southampton, http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/