meetup tonight & lanyrd...

1 view

Christopher Gutteridge

Jun 6, 2011, 9:22:53 AM6/6/11
to southampton...@googlegroups.com
For the twitter users, I've added the next few meetups into lanyrd:
http://lanyrd.com/2011/sotech-june/
http://lanyrd.com/2011/sotech-july/
http://lanyrd.com/2011/sotech-august/
http://lanyrd.com/2011/sotech-september/

I'm hoping this might be another angle to getting new people to discover
the event. If you use twitter & lanyrd, I encourage you to add yourself
to the events so that they show up to your twitter followers when they
view lanyrd.

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248

/ Lead Developer, EPrints Project, http://eprints.org/
/ Web Projects Manager, ECS, University of Southampton, http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/
/ Webmaster, Web Science Trust, http://www.webscience.org/

Ben Hodgson

Jun 6, 2011, 9:47:32 AM6/6/11
to southampton...@googlegroups.com
You should totally change the tagline from "Go to pub" to "GOTO pub". All the cool kids* use GOTO, right?

-- Ben

--
Southampton Developers Group! #sodev

Tim Retout

Jun 6, 2011, 6:34:51 PM6/6/11
On 6 June 2011 14:47, Ben Hodgson <b...@benhodgson.com> wrote:
> You should totally change the tagline from "Go to pub" to "GOTO pub". All
> the cool kids* use GOTO, right?

Yes! I saw this Greg Kroah-Hartman talk from FOSDEM 2010 the other
week, where he mentions goto as good style for error handling in C
functions:

http://www.youtube.com/fosdemtalks#p/u/0/LLBrBBImJt4

Take that, Dijkstra. (I did actually follow the instructions and send
in a kernel patch, but so far it's just been lost in the vastness of
the LKML.)

Through chance, for the next three months I will actually be free on
the first Monday of the month, so we shall finally meet. :) Anything
happen this evening?

--
Tim Retout <dio...@debian.org>