Looking for hacks & creations for televised CHRISTMAS LECTURES

Michael Faraday

Oct 27, 2014, 7:53:01 AM10/27/14
to south...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

I thought you guys might be interested in a short project from the Royal Institution.

This year’s Christmas Lectures, (our science lecture series broadcast on the BBC at Christmas that’s been running since 1825) ‘How to hack your home: Sparks will fly’ are themed around hacking, making, and tinkering. As part of them, we’d really like to showcase the creativity and ingenuity of the maker movement to the world. We’re inviting people to submit any hacks and projects to http://www.hackgallery.org/ by 31 October, and we’ll feature the best in the lectures shown on BBC4 this Christmas. The lectures will go up on the Ri Channel afterwards for anyone around the world to watch for free.

There’ll be three lectures, based loosely around three key objects – a lightbulb, a motor, and a phone (communications), so projects in some way related to these are particularly welcome, though we’d love to see anything!

If you’ve got something you’ve made or are working on we’d love to see it – just post a photo/video on http://www.hackgallery.org/submit

Thanks,

Ant