South 1.0 uses iteritems incompatible with python 3

Ivan Tmib

Jul 19, 2014, 4:09:10 PM7/19/14
to south...@googlegroups.com
In migration/migrators.py:
for name, db in south.db.dbs.iteritems():
should be replaced by
for name, db in south.db.dbs.items():

Andrew Godwin

Jul 19, 2014, 6:57:03 PM7/19/14
to south...@googlegroups.com
You're right, though South's support for Python 3 was always alpha and not official, so I'm unlikely to release a new version just for this unless something else comes along.

If you want to submit a PR I'll take it into the repo, but if you want proper Python 3 support I suggest you use the new Django migrations which have a full python 3 testsuite and actually have some functionality that is improved on python 3.

Andrew